Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tuning Chip Review From Germany

Crasstoe

no mate was checked and cleaned 2 weeks ago and even bought a special spray to clean the MAF

Hi Rick, what is this "special" spray you have bought? I've not touched the MAF but would... I cleaned my EGR once but want to give it a proper going over again so could do both at the same time.

Thanks, Dave.

From these same guys? Let me know how you get on - obviously the dials have been changed on mine with advice from the tech heads there, I'll be interested to see how you find it without tweaking :thumbsup:

Also, would you be able to open it up when you get it and tell me what your dials are set to as standard (so I have a reference point for where mine are in relation) :lol:

From these same guys? Let me know how you get on - obviously the dials have been changed on mine with advice from the tech heads there, I'll be interested to see how you find it without tweaking :thumbsup:

i am also interested, wondering what the difference is between this kit from germany and the one that parts king is selling. big price difference =/

Without having two to compare with a voltmeter etc its impossible to say. I've generally gone on the basis of more money = more options, but not necessarily better. If Kingo was to give me a trial to sample however <<hint hint>> I could compare :P

I have a Kingo box, and the settings are not adjustable. From what i can tell, the box he sells can be loaded with a choice of 4 maps, and the result is a bit like having a remap with the ability to remove it.

As much as i like tinkering with things, its probably good that i can't as i would be changing it all the time and permanently have the bonnet up.

Without having two to compare with a voltmeter etc its impossible to say. I've generally gone on the basis of more money = more options, but not necessarily better. If Kingo was to give me a trial to sample however <<hint hint>> I could compare :P

or you could take the 14 day trial? lol

how many settings does the pro version have?

i am assuming the standard version (from germany) has one tune only?

Pro has too many from what I can tell - I will post a pic up when I get home so you have a better idea.

As for the standard I couldn't say having never seen one :blink:

Sponge55 / Crasstoe, comments noted. Yes it's from the same people as where you got yours. I'll have a look at openining it up and taking a few pics.

I've yet to pay... How did you do that?

I did it all through there on-line checkout.

Just remembered pics of the box are on the first page of this thread, however I will post pics of the dials etc later...

My order is paid for and despatched now. I'd guess about 1 week for delivery, then it's fun fun fun till the coppers take my Auris awayyyyyyy :yahoo:

looks like i might order the pro unit too. just waiting for the images from crasstoe before deciding what to do.

does it come with any guidelines on how to set up this unit crasstoe?

Fits in the palm of your hand

180663_10150149526831163_539161162_8644497_353825_n.jpg

You'll need a hex screw driver (whatever the hell its called!) in order to open the box

180173_10150149526891163_539161162_8644499_339351_n.jpg

Box Open - two dials left being fuel and right being when you want the box to stop doing its thing to save fuel (so what speed - B seems to mean 75mph)

183275_10150149526961163_539161162_8644501_4548590_n.jpg

The fitment to the wiring harness which is supplied - they tell me they are working on a pc cable to download new maps but they didnt say when they would have it out by

184942_10150149527046163_539161162_8644504_1676810_n.jpg

An example of how to keep it out the way. I'm working on a "harness" at the moment which will just clip on to the black plastic

181581_10150149526736163_539161162_8644495_1743905_n.jpg

Hope the pictures help :)

Sponge, instructions are included (as well as a small bag of haribo :D ) however they aren't terribly descriptive. On the Haynes manual spanner system the install of this would be zero spanners, honestly a monkey could fit this.

And DavetheFish, mine only took 4 days to arrive ;)

• Like 1

Now I feel bad, Kingo is losing out on business here :(

Just turned the dial on the left to B and by god I think its the magic setup - B B :D

...however on full beans I was getting 4mpg LOL!

Dave I have just looked at the numbers they are advertising for the SR180... 230bhp and 491nm, that is insane! Let me know how it goes - I'm excited for you :D :D :D :D :D

So this thing just connects using a PC sytle cable? Does it not connect inbetween the fuel and boost sensors?

PC monitor style connector for the box, but where it plugs in to the car is 2 5 pin plugs (I think 5 pin!). These connect at the bottom left of the engine when viewing from the top, and its honestly so simple I am not going to post pictures :P

So how much did people pay for these? Are you all fitting them to t180s or to the 2.0d4d as I need to get something to help my fuel economy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links