Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Heater Switch

wj3333

I have a Toyota Avensis sept 2004 D4D model with the power heater switch. Does anyone know how to get this working? I press the switch and nothing seems to happen, even on cold mornings. Do i have to put other things on first before turning the power heater on? does the engine have to be running or not, does the aircon have to be on?

can anyone help, cause it takes ages to defrost my car on the mornings.

I have a Toyota Avensis sept 2004 D4D model with the power heater switch. Does anyone know how to get this working? I press the switch and nothing seems to happen, even on cold mornings. Do i have to put other things on first before turning the power heater on? does the engine have to be running or not, does the aircon have to be on?

can anyone help, cause it takes ages to defrost my car on the mornings.

The power heater is designed to provide extra warmth in cold conditions. The engine must be running, an indicator light will indicate if it is working. The heater will ignite about 30 secs after the switch is operated and another minute to warm up completely. The fuse is No 27 a 25amp in the engine compartment large fuse box.

Fitter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply, the light does come on yet no joy with

Any extra heat, I will have to bring it into toyota, because it

Aint working. Thanks

Thanks for your reply, the light does come on yet no joy with

Any extra heat, I will have to bring it into toyota, because it

Aint working. Thanks

Remember it depends on external temperature.

According to Toyota Avensis Manual.

For Temp b/w 8 to 0.

Turn on the car.

Turn on the climate control to max temp.

Mode: Fresh air.

The air should be coming out of windscreen.

Now you should turn on the power heather. You will notice light and that the Car idle Rev will go higher.

Wait for couple of minute (3-5) and you should see the result. My car switch works perfectly.

For Temp at 0 or below.

Turn on the car.

Turn on the climate control to max temp.

Mode: aircon

The air should be coming out of windscreen. (when you switch the windscreen mode, aircon mode will turn off automatically and you have to click aircon mode on again)

Now you should turn on the power heather. You will notice light and that the Car idle Rev will go higher.

Wait for couple of minute (3-5) and you should see the result. My car switch works perfectly.

However according to manual, it says, if it does not provide warm air, then depending on the mileage, change the air con filer which is behind the glove box.

I would reckon checking service history of the car to know if aircon filter has been change.

How many mileage do you have on your car?

Hi

I had this switch on my previous Avensis 2003 D4D, which also appeared to do nothing, I took the car back to the Toyota dealer under warranty and they told me the heater only worked when the temperature fell below minus 15 degrees, the manual referred to an Eberspacher type heater fitted in the engine bay and showed a picture of where it was fitted, I checked on mine and no heater was fitted, I contacted Toyota technical and was told that the heater is not fitted to the UK market cars but some cars had slipped through with the switch fitted.

Who to believe?, I still dont know.

• 12 years later...

It's the truth, some models were fitted with the button, and it was even connected to power so it would light up, but no heater for the Cars sold in UK, unless you paid extra for it that is..

I was told this by a toyota mechanic..