Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Change Time :)H

rpaterson

Hi RAV'ers.

It's time to change the coolant on my wife's 02 VVTi. All my service info is on my other laptop (ooh, hark at me) which is packed away as we're moving house soon so I've got a couple of questions...

1. Got some OAT-type coolant to fill up with. I'm assuming that I don't need Mr Toyota's special brew?

2. What's the capacity of the cooling system on the 2 litre petrol RAV's?

3. Any tips or tricks that I need to know about like, ignition on for heater valve (if it's got electric valves rather then just cables), point car uphill/downhill etc etc???

Thanks in advance...

Update, found the service sheet pinned at the top of this very forum. LOL, seek and ye shall find. I now know that the capacity is 6.3 litres for my manual petrol.

Disregard the bit about standing in a bucket of water though ! :lol:

Bothy I've been away from the forum for some time now, but it's nice to see that some things just don't change :)

Standing in a bucket???

The coolant constantly flows through the heater. It just mixes hot and cold air to achieve the desired temp.

You seem to have the instructions but I just wanted to make sure you didn't mis-read them if it says anything about a standing bucket to catch water etc etc.

The hobby of standing in a bucket of water outside the noo is an extremely hazardous method of enjoying yersel, equalled only by the Russian roulette game of seeing how long you and your friends can stand in quick-drying concrete without getting stuck..... :lol:

Or standing under the eaves of yer conservatory.. the icicles on ours are now 3' long :eek: :eek: . I've been trying to stop my father (91) from trying to catch them as he rattles the gutter! Well actually its me rattling the gutter whist he looks in the snow for his hearing aid I threw there earlier (wtf) !

Youse seen the last will and testament then, Bothy?

Shame on you!!

Del

Youse seen the last will and testament then, Bothy?

Shame on you!!

Del

Naw - ah seen his insurance policy valuation last week !! :lol: :lol:

Job done - boringly easy. Only annoying thing was that both my hose reels had frozen, duh-more forward planning required next time :)

Also got fed-up waiting for the cooling fan to kick in due to low ambient temperatures. I should have known it would go OK as I'm one of the few people in the Northern hemispehere that're able to fill the coolant on the MG/Rover KV6 engine without getting airlocks :)

On an entirely unrelated matter concerning coolant, wur forklift truck has suffered a mix of red and blue anti-freeze resulting in a cake mix - how or what do we use to flush the system out?? The forkinlift dealer has quoted £600 for a flush. I can get a flush frae the wife everyday but it disnae flush oot the radiator of said machine.

Any answers would be gratefully appreciated.

Just open the radiator and cylinder block drain plugs and leave water running through.

Just open the radiator and cylinder block drain plugs and leave water running through.

wot a star - you've made a daewoo forklift an awfully happy bunny ( :thumbsup::wacko: :wacko: :wacko::lol: :) :) )

I'll invoice Big Kev for that reply !! :lol: :lol:

aye....Bothy's wee Da has been peering through the window ever since the snow started....if it gets any worse, he's gonnae let him in.....

Yooz are only allowed HALF a guess who texted that one ........

Big Kev. :yahoo:

Thankfully old Uncle John who also stays with us is nearly blind. He went out to clear the path with a shovel and was last heard of going south on the M74 (behind us) scraping the fast lane clear of ice with his shovel. Needless to say I didn't let him out without a scarf ! I probably should have given him my hi-viz jacket to wear as well but hindsight is always a wonderful thing !

.....aye Anchs min....but only Bothy could start a post "uncle John is nearly blind"...then end the same post with "hindsight is a wonderful thing....!!!"

Big Freeze :thumbsup: