Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Massive Increase In Insurance Quote This Year

The Cav

Mine was £600, went up to £1000 the next year with no explanation. Obviously I was one year older, had one more year NCB and I have never made any claims before...I sold the car.

getting fed up now

loads of calls from different companies

loads of mail ie swinton with discount vouchers

so i had 1 last go with swinton

result £670+ with Aviva .....£465 in my hand at the moment from Aviva.. lol

Chap then tries all kinds of discounting final figure £525 says what about that

i say still more than i have at present from aviva...the fool still thinks im going to buy fron him i tell him i have cheaper from Aviva

Then moves on to personal insurance followed by house etc etc etc

finally i have to say im not interested and put the phone down

You could try Chris Knott, they are supposed to beat any quote.

getting fed up now

loads of calls from different companies

loads of mail ie swinton with discount vouchers

so i had 1 last go with swinton

result £670+ with Aviva .....£465 in my hand at the moment from Aviva.. lol

Chap then tries all kinds of discounting final figure £525 says what about that

i say still more than i have at present from aviva...the fool still thinks im going to buy fron him i tell him i have cheaper from Aviva

Then moves on to personal insurance followed by house etc etc etc

finally i have to say im not interested and put the phone down

Hi again,

I eventually did mine with Toyota insurance for £298.00, fully comp, £100.00 excess with no voluntary excess, 2 named drivers with full no claims bonus and no convictions :).

Liverpool Victoria were about the same price but Toyota Ins guaranteed to have the car repaired at a Toyota dealership using genuine parts so this swung it for me.

Pete.

Pete, you make a good point in your last sentence. Not all insurance companies stipulate that NEW parts must be used in any repairs carried out.

This could mean that your 'new' wing may have been sourced from the local breakers yard.

I had a quote from Toyota, and it came around £900, what a rip off! :crybaby: i think i am gonna start riding a bike.

well i got a quote from LV minus legal cover etc

for £398 so i rang Aviva to say i might be changing companies to LV

not mentioning it was a lesser policy

and they reduced my policy by £36 to compensate i think thats a good result

new price inc % charges for monthly payment £425.16p

btw more than quoted £925 lmco and told them so

My previous insurer was Admiral. I had four incidents in the last four years - 2 were my fault (low cost), one was vanadlism and one was an 'incident' - not my fault and no claim last year.

Paid £700 last year. Renewal charge was £1,500! I went to RAC and got a quote for £650 and went with them - fully comp for my '05 2.0 Avensis tourer! There is a very good section on how to trawl the insurance providers on Moneysaving expert. Be careful though... I went to RAC.co.uk, saved my insurance quote, then went to moneysupermarket or some such comparison site and ran a quote and it saved a higher quote into my saved RAC quote account! I had hell on earth proving to the RAC I had been quoted cheaper as the numpty on the phone line at the RAC said he had to 'cancel' one of the online quotes. I said 'dont cancel the cheapest' but he said 'I can't tell which is the cheapest'. And guess what - he cancelled the cheapest quote. I pushed back hard and got the price I wanted though.

Insurance is legalised gambling for financial institutions.

A financial institution has a pot of money they want to invest and get a return on.

They do all the sums post codes, age, number of previous claims and work out risk (in betting terms the odds) they then allocate funds against the risk and give it a brand name e.g. Churchill

Then they sell policies to people in the risk group they have targeted i.e they give reasonable premiums to those in the group and outrageous quotes to those outside the group.

Because they have very good risk calculating algorithms at the end of the year they make a return on their investment.

This process is the same for most financial products, loans, mortgages, pensions etc etc. The gamble is that there will not be any circumstance that changes the odds in favour of the customer and when there is the provider of the financial product just increases the premium, interest rate or monthly payment.

Insurance is a business run by financial institutions, they are not service providers for consumers their primary concern is making a profit, not customer satisfaction or retention of clients. How many people do you know who paid a higher premium to go with an insurance company with a greater customer satisfaction record?

A financial institution has a pot of money they want to invest and get a return on.

They do all the sums post codes, age, number of previous claims and work out risk (in betting terms the odds) they then allocate funds against the risk and give it a brand name e.g. Churchill

Then they sell policies to people in the risk group they have targeted i.e they give reasonable premiums to those in the group and outrageous quotes to those outside the group.

Because they have very good risk calculating algorithms at the end of the year they make a return on their investment.

This process is the same for most financial products, loans, mortgages, pensions etc etc. The gamble is that there will not be any circumstance that changes the odds in favour of the customer and when there is the provider of the financial product just increases the premium, interest rate or monthly payment.

Insurance is a business run by financial institutions, they are not service providers for consumers their primary concern is making a profit, not customer satisfaction or retention of clients. How many people do you know who paid a higher premium to go with an insurance company with a greater customer satisfaction record?

have to agree.

these days insurence comps expect you to advise them if you have an accident even if your not making a claim.

but have been told that churchill if you only advise of an incident,and not claiming will treat this as a claim and it will affect your no claims bonus (if not protected)seems a bit unfair to me.anyone had any experiance of this.

cos i am with churchill.

Very well put mate! Why the hell are we the British people taking all this s**t from the financial sector who caused all of this, there is no chance of changing things with this lot in power and there is much worse to come yet. When fuel was well below £1.00 a ltr there were protests, we should be doing that and more now to stop this lot in their tracks, yes you guessed it .. I'm not a supporter of this coalition, rant over!:ffs:.

Feel a bit better now .... Pete :yes:.

Very well put mate! Why the hell are we the British people taking all this s**t from the financial sector who caused all of this, there is no chance of changing things with this lot in power and there is much worse to come yet. When fuel was well below £1.00 a ltr there were protests, we should be doing that and more now to stop this lot in their tracks, yes you guessed it .. I'm not a supporter of this coalition, rant over!:ffs:.

so you support the wasters who got us in this mess in the first place. funny how the labour find fault with the drstic measures needed to just pay off the interesst on the national debt.if they are so clever how come they let things get so bad.and what would they do now to rectify the problem.thet have not suggested one thing.

but we should not be geting into this on a forum. but then i did not start it.keep your eyes open for labour RENT A MOB.

basically were knackered were under the control of MPs that dont live in the real world

20% vat means nothing to people who are millionairs

increases in car insurance mean sod all to MPs who of load their increased expenses onto their expenses

bring on the revolution

so you support the wasters who got us in this mess in the first place. funny how the labour find fault with the drstic measures needed to just pay off the interesst on the national debt.if they are so clever how come they let things get so bad.and what would they do now to rectify the problem.thet have not suggested one thing.

but we should not be geting into this on a forum. but then i did not start it.keep your eyes open for labour RENT A MOB.

I won't lower myself to say what I think of your comments Acetip but I will say this, is there any words in my comment that say that I support Labour, NO!

The point raised by Hertsnminds was very relevant to the discussion started by Cav, the point being is that insurance companies are ripping us off due the financial sector of which insurance companies are part of gambled our money down the drain and need to raise our premiums not because we have had more accidents or the garage cost have risen by 40%!

What ever your views are on this I'm fine with but don't accuse me of part of RENT A MOB or anything close, my point again is that the financial sector caused all of this mess so why should the working people of this country be made to pay for it. Protests these days can be done in a peaceful manner but if people are pushed too far things WILL get out of hand and that's my final word on this subject.

Pete.

I won't lower myself to say what I think of your comments Acetip but I will say this, is there any words in my comment that say that I support Labour, NO!

The point raised by Hertsnminds was very relevant to the discussion started by Cav, the point being is that insurance companies are ripping us off due the financial sector of which insurance companies are part of gambled our money down the drain and need to raise our premiums not because we have had more accidents or the garage cost have risen by 40%!

What ever your views are on this I'm fine with but don't accuse me of part of RENT A MOB or anything close, my point again is that the financial sector caused all of this mess so why should the working people of this country be made to pay for it. Protests these days can be done in a peaceful manner but if people are pushed too far things WILL get out of hand and that's my final word on this subject.

if there is any rip of is the tax insurence be it on home/contents/car.i dont now what excuse they have for applying it.its is like years ago they taxed how many windows a house had.you can still see around on older houses that have windows bricked up. people did this to reduce tax.but there is nothing we can do to reduce the tax on insurance on our cars.

Pete.

Hello again, somehow pajjy's comments below were put in with mine, I don't understand how someone else can edit or add to my post ................ Mr Moderator.:unsure:

Pete.

pajjy wrote:-

if there is any rip of is the tax insurence be it on home/contents/car.i dont now what excuse they have for applying it.its is like years ago they taxed how many windows a house had.you can still see around on older houses that have windows bricked up. people did this to reduce tax.but there is nothing we can do to reduce the tax on insurance on our cars.

I was at my usual haunt last night and as usual financial discussions started

i was pointed out that every one is paying a premium in their car insurance for the

flood damage to cars of last year in some of those places that unfortunately suffer such horrors

Liverpool is not one of those places yet we get hit by the insurance rises to regain the payments to those that were effected

Liverpool believe it or not is nowhere near the top of the list for car crime well below other major cities like Manchester ,Birmingham etc yet we still get hit by

the stigma as a city of thieves that's going back to the 80's how the mud sticks

And to prove the point i was advised to give Chris Knott a call to quote for my insurance

only to be told that they dont really quote for liverpool,,,they say their not competative

i wonder if they only like to pick places like leafy Surrey and Hampshire postcodes to offer their great quotes to

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links