Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Tns510 Will It Fit In An 07 Plate Avensis

martinpix

Hi i have an 07 plate avensis estate tr with a tns 700 sat nav

i would like to know if a tns 510 sat nav will fit strait in in place

as i need to use my ipod or is there anything i can get to conect my ipod to my existing sat nav system

any help would be greatly apreciated

Hi i have an 07 plate avensis estate tr with a tns 700 sat nav

i would like to know if a tns 510 sat nav will fit strait in in place

as i need to use my ipod or is there anything i can get to conect my ipod to my existing sat nav system

any help would be greatly apreciated

Hi mate, you could always buy a quality FM transmitter designed to connect to your i-pod, there are plenty out there if you google it, some even have built in i-pod chargers. This seems like a good one but I am not recommending it to you. http://www.iworld.co...ransmitters.htm

The tns 700 would also be better than the tns 510 I would have thought.

Regards Pete.

The TNS 510 is not that good IMHO mate, I have it in my new Avensis. You still need additional iPod leads from Toyota and the dealers I have spoken to are clueless so I am going to drop Mr Parts King a line :)

You can use a kit from DICE to connect an Ipod to your exisiting head unit, I have experience with these and found them to be better functionally than the similar Desion units. I have a friend that is an auto electrician and he really rates them.

take a look here for more info http://www.incaripod.com/Vehicle/Toyota/DICE_Electronics_Toyota_iPod_Integration_Kit

I have one in my 2010 avensis, mine works very well with bluetooth.

I believe you can use the USB port on the front too connected to your iPod

I have one in my 2010 avensis, mine works very well with bluetooth.

I believe you can use the USB port on the front too connected to your iPod

No you can't mate, I have tried 3 different generations and type of iPod on the USB port, it only sopports USB thumb drives and then it's fussy and has a folder limit of 250 ish folders iirc. To connect the iPod, you need to cross Mr T's palm with silver for the Ipod control lead which plugs into the back of the head unit, this gives you a USB socket in the armrest cubby and then you run an ipod lead from that. the cable is around £150 to .......

I am arguing with the dealer over it as the brochure says Ipod integration, but it's only available if you buy the extra cable, which is not what the brochure says :)

I have got a 16GB Sandisk thumbdrive connected and navigation of the folders is pretty clumsy and once you cross the threshold of folders, it won't read any further, so you end up creating playlists instead of just dumping albums over. All in all, pretty poor for a unit in a 2010 / 2011 MY car.

Add to that it won't sync phonebooks with a HTC desire, which Toyota list as fully supported, all it will do is let you push contacts one at a time (not much use with 200 or so contacts), although you could argue that if Android included the option to push multiple contacts it would be sorted.

At least with the ipod cable attached to the TNS510 you can run the ipod, unlike the premium nav system where it treats the ipod as a CD changer with support for only 6 playlists and 99 tracks per playlist.

After my previous Skoda's the Avensis is a step back in technology IMHO. (I am only talking about In car entertainment with that statement, in lot's of other area's the Avensis is way way superior)