Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Sat/nav Unit Mp3/ipod Adaptor Install W/pics

wastedagen

After finally finding a company who do an mp3/iPod adapter for the sat nav head unit I decided to go ahead and buy one. I've been searching for a good while now and am glad of the final result.

The box contents are as follows:

P1040076.JPG

The small bag of black bits are for mounting the adaptor unit and iPod player on the dash. Not something I did.

The adaptor itself:

P1040081.JPG

P1040080.JPG

P1040079.JPG

Firstly removing the head unit. There are other pics and details of removing the head unit in this forum, but I will add my pictures anyway.

Pop of the head unit surrounds by carefully prising a blade underneath the plastic and pulling upwards. To be honest as soon as it starts to move you can finish off removing the plastic by hand. This will help eliminate any scratches to the surrounds.

P1040083.JPG

P1040084.JPG

Do this for both sides.

Then squeezing in the yellow clips on either side of the heating vents you can lift away and unplug the upper vent.

P1040089.JPG

P1030989.JPG

To remove the unit unscrew the four 10mm bolts. 2 either side.

P1040088.JPG

Then again squezzing four yellow clips this time, gently pull the head unit away.

With the head unit pulled away plug the wiring loom into the CD changer (black) socket.

P1040093.JPG

Then I attached the adaptor to the wiring loom to test it before putting it all back together. All worked fine.

P1040094.JPG

Location of adaptor unit:

I decided to put the adaptor in the upper glove-box. I drilled a 20mm hole to allow the wiring loom plug to fit through.

P1040095.JPG

With the cable pulled through the kit comes with a plastic pug to neaten up the hole.

P1040113.JPG

I then tidied it up further by adding some cable sheath I have lying around.

P1040119.JPG

I attached the adaptor unit itself to the back of the glove box with velcro.

P1040118.JPG

The adaptor uses the CD Changer display on the head unit.

P1040121.JPG

Now with the adapter installed I can have all my music with me. According the spec' the unit can take up to 100gb hard drive. As long as it can be powered by a usb socket. so basically a laptop drive. Though I will stick to a usb flash drive for me, the iPod cable is for when the misses is in the car.

• Like 2

Thanks. I think when the weather gets a bit warmer it's time to change the stock Speakers.

• 5 years later...

I'm looking to connect a Dension unit to my Auris and wondered if the pics from this guide are available as they wont show for me? Otherwise is there another guide with pics on here? Thanks 

it's a 6 year old post & the pictures are obviously no longer on imageshack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Guys. Have re-added the pics. Hope this helps....

• Like 1

Did it cost you around £100 ?!?!

Pretty Much.  But as I'm not using it anymore cover the postage cost and its yours if you want it. Just PM Your address.

Honestly Brett that's very kind of you I have pm'ed you as requested, I will give you something for it mate, thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links