Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yokohama Geolander At/s

webleymk3

Hi guys, I posted an abbreviated version of this in the 'Winter Tyres' thread but thought I'd open a new one to get more coverage! Apologies if that was a bad thing to do.

I have come across a boy selling TWO virtually brand new Yokohama Geolander AT/S for £100. Couple of questions:

As I would only be getting two, should they go on the front or back?? All current tyres are normal roadies, however the back two need replaced anyway. That would leave me with two roadie types and two ATs. Is this a bad move?? I understand if goind down this route they should go on the back? is this true?

Are the tyres particularly noisy at all??

What’s the impact on fuel economy?

Anyone used them and got any comments on them??? I understand they are not full on winter tyres but i can't help but think it's a good compromise...

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. don't want to waste my money!

Hi guys, I posted an abbreviated version of this in the 'Winter Tyres' thread but thought I'd open a new one to get more coverage! Apologies if that was a bad thing to do.

I have come across a boy selling TWO virtually brand new Yokohama Geolander AT/S for £100. Couple of questions:

As I would only be getting two, should they go on the front or back?? All current tyres are normal roadies, however the back two need replaced anyway. That would leave me with two roadie types and two ATs. Is this a bad move?? I understand if goind down this route they should go on the back? is this true?

Anyone used them and got any comments on them??? I understand they are not full on winter tyres but i can't help but think it's a good compromise...

first question is how do they sound on cobbles ?

first question is how do they sound on cobbles ?

That also is a very good question!

I think if it was me, I would be putting them on front to help pull me out over the snow at this time of year, then probably switch them to the back as we get into better weather, the AT's may wear out on the shoulders when cornering on faster, dryer, warmer? roads if kept on the front.

But thats only my view on it, someone may be able justify a better answer with more technical reasons.

Why not just buy two more? I was never one for doing things by halves ;)

• Like 1

geolandar-mt.jpggeolandar-at-s.jpg

Hi webley

I have had geolanders on mine since i bought the rav4 ( just over 6 years now ),they were originally just called 'yokohama geolander A/T', now they are 'yokohama geolander A/T +2',

The tread pattern changed about 2 years ago now,more aggressive,with more open shoulders & side wall lugs :thumbsup: for better traction off road.

They have suited me to the ground,taken my RAV through a some serious mud,there is actually now available the 'yokohama geolander M/T ' which i have considered,but probably too noisy.

I get approx 35 mpg out of my 4.2,and about 30'000 miles from the tyres (halfway through my second set)..and snow driving is a joy :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Yokohama sell these through 'Universal Tyres',we have a branch in colchester...you could try 'black circles' on-line

I found it very tricky to find an A/T tyre that fitted properly the 4.2 original size...

but these are perfect

They cost me approx £105 each fitted

I've had Yoko's since new an they seem a fair tyre but my local fitter said they are a bugger to get hold of. He actually switched my fronts to Falkens 4 mths back which have been fault less for about £90 a corner. I do a lot of mileage (Newcastle to London once a week) an these tyres have been fine

Ok. Didn't win the tyres. Someone outbid me in the last 10 seconds! git!

So... a boy at work has recommended Cooper Discoverer ATRs. http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m56b0s2546p29553

Anyone used these before and got any opinions on them?

Thanks

Blackcircle do the Yokohama GO12 A/T-S for about £96 fitted. Which is what I'm getting this weekend B)

Blackcircle do the Yokohama GO12 A/T-S for about £96 fitted. Which is what I'm getting this weekend B)

What size? Mine are 225/65/r17 which BC don't currently have!!

What size? Mine are 225/65/r17 which BC don't currently have!!

235/60/R16

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links