Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4.2 Coutesy Light

howardm

Hi,

The wifey is complaining again ( not unusual )

She's been borrowing my 2005 4.2 Rav4. because of the snow.

The courtesy light doesn't work when the doors open......and you know.....she's right.

What's happening.?

How do you get it to come on when a dorr is opened.?

Like other cars do.!

thx

Howard

It's either switched off at the light itself, or you have a sticking or corroded door operating switch, relatively easily cured I think. Covered by someone else very recently on here.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

It's either switched off at the light itself, or you have a sticking or corroded door operating switch, relatively easily cured I think. Covered by someone else very recently on here.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Here you go:LINK

Or maybe this one:LINK :thumbsup:

If it's the same as my 2002 5 door the front one bizarrely doesn't work as a courtesy light when a door is opened , only the other two.

If it's the same as my 2002 5 door the front one bizarrely doesn't work as a courtesy light when a door is opened , only the other two.

I think you're correct, pmb......wifey's front interior light doesn't come on when a door is opened.....the one towards the rear / middle does come on.Must get the council to clear a path to her car and I will double-check.

bIG kEV :eek:

I think you're correct, pmb......wifey's front interior light doesn't come on when a door is opened.....the one towards the rear / middle does come on.Must get the council to clear a path to her car and I will double-check.

bIG kEV :eek:

Driveways and roads cleared for a small price by our JCB - all proceeds to charity. Possilpark incurs additional danger money fees, depending on availability of the SAS.

Interior lights repair for 5 door RAVs - finance available :lol: :lol:

Just to mix things up a bit more.

I read the manual and it says the lights come on for 15 seconds when the remote is pressed to unlock the doors.

It also says that there is a switch next to the light with ON OFF and DOOR positions....NOT ON MINE.!

I have a 2005 XTR 3 door with glass sunroof, any clues.? the al wifey complains she dropped the shoppin' in the dark and she

can't find her hat when opening the door to get out.

You wouldn't believe the earache I am getting here.

Just to mix things up a bit more.

I read the manual and it says the lights come on for 15 seconds when the remote is pressed to unlock the doors.

It also says that there is a switch next to the light with ON OFF and DOOR positions....NOT ON MINE.!

I have a 2005 XTR 3 door with glass sunroof, any clues.? the al wifey complains she dropped the shoppin' in the dark and she

can't find her hat when opening the door to get out.

You wouldn't believe the earache I am getting here.

Guessing here Howard - do you press the light itself to operate the switch as on the 4.3?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links