Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cabin Filter

martinwindmill

Just had my 2.0D serviced and was asked for £60 to change cabin filter. Bought my own genuine part for £13 and fitted myself in 10 mins using instructings in user manual.

That sounds a rip off price for sure. Did they ask you first when you left the car or after the service saying it was needed. Be interesting for other owners to check invoices and see what they have been charged.

The other item that gets me are batteries in key fobs. £5.99 I think, when I can get a pack of 5 for £2 or less.

I queried the issue with the dealer and had this reply:

I wonder if you can supply me with the part number of the pollen filter you fitted. As our genuine one has a RRP of £29.09 adding the scheduled time of .3, £22.50 and the VAT = £60.62 incl. At far as I can see no miss selling has occurred.

My response:

I purchased a Cabin Air Filter Part number 87139-YZZ08 from Parklands Toyota of Newquay at a cost of £13.29 inc vat and p&p. If the part you would have fitted is different and the cost is as you say then I would be interested to know if I have been sold the wrong part. As for the charge of 0.3 hours labour, I am quite frankly appalled. The service schedule includes the removal of the filter for cleaning so the glove box would have already been removed and your technician had only to put in a new filter and reassemble. I did the whole procedure myself in less than 5 mins

Thanks for posting that. I know they will want to make money every which way and the labour rate comes as no surprise (were it costed as a stand alone job) but as you say it's included as part of the price of the service. So if replacement required should be just the cost of the part. As to cost of part, perhaps worth asking Kingo on here, post#3 here,

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74628

Maybe their computer setup links an incorrect part/price... dunno but worth checking. Maybe it's even worth checking with Toyota customer care and ask them to explain the charge when it's all part of a service.

All parts and labour should be included in the service price.

I would imagine that there is an error somewhere as £60 sounds expensive for a bit of paper and 10 mins labour.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links