Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Don't Know Now!...

Mistermena

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if I have real Leather or fake Leather/Suede in my 2007 Avensis 2.2 D-4D T180 D-CAT? It looks like the real stuff to me! But I dont know if it is because I've seen a old repot on "Honest John" saying it was Alcantara! Which I've looked up and it suggests its man made...

Cheers :unsure:

Alcantara is unmistakable in the way it looks and feels.

It's very similar to suede in the way it looks and feels, so if your seats look and feel like leather, then they're not alcantara. I'm told it's actually more expensive than leather.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry, I've just re-read your post. I'm not sure if your car has alcantara / leather mix. Sorry! :unsure:

Alcantara is unmistakable in the way it looks and feels.

It's very similar to suede in the way it looks and feels, so if your seats look and feel like leather, then they're not alcantara. I'm told it's actually more expensive than leather.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry, I've just re-read your post. I'm not sure if your car has alcantara / leather mix. Sorry! :unsure:

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. My seats have a leather outer edge (about 10") and a suede inner part that you mostly sit on. The reason why I ask is because I've just bought some expensive Leather cleaner and conditioner that I want to use. Just didn't want to spend a load of time cleaning it if its not the real deal :eek:

You have leather edges to the seats leather headrest & Alcantara in the middle (which is man /hard wearing 7 looks/feels like velvet) to the best of my knowledge

You have leather edges to the seats leather headrest & Alcantara in the middle (which is man /hard wearing 7 looks/feels like velvet) to the best of my knowledge

Now that's good news to hear! Many thanks for that. I'll look forward to getting out on the car tomorrow morning now. :drunk:

I wouldn't worry too much as it is very hard wearing. As I mentioned, it is very much a premium product and favoured by makes such as BMW and Porsche. It was actually at a trip to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart where I was told it is more expensive than leather.

I wouldn't worry too much as it is very hard wearing. As I mentioned, it is very much a premium product and favoured by makes such as BMW and Porsche. It was actually at a trip to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart where I was told it is more expensive than leather.

Thats a good bit of info to know... :yahoo: Many thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links