Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electircal Problems

ian116

My Carina e has been working fine up until the electrics have started playing up. Took it for mot today, all indicator lights didnt work, headlights didnt work, plate lights didnt work, ABS warning light didnt come on, neither did the windscreen wipers, all dashboard lights didnt either along with the radio!! To top it off when they were doing the emissions test and the fan didnt kick in the engine overheated. When they took it off the ramp, and failed it I was gutted. Sat in my car no electrics etc I tried it an hey presto all the lights worked, wipers, fan and yes even the radio. I have just gone out in it and the electrics have gone again. I asked someone and they said it was a fuse but it cant be if one minute I have electrics and the next I dont!! Help?

• 1 month later...

I so wish I had the answer to your problem because it might help me with mine.

Drove daughter to friends came out started my Carina and hey presto no indicators, demister, radio, guages, electric windows but hazards and headlights working fine. As it was only a drive along a usually deserted road and an ok day I drove home (5min drive) and after 2mins everything worked.

Next day went to pick her up and problem reappeared. Took it to garage (after checking all the fuses) who rechecked the fuses, swapped the relays and then told me they couldnt find the problem but could get an electrician in to check the wiring pos cost ...... £500 !!

As much as I love her I'm not sure if I can afford that much on a car worth less than half that.

(Already had the Battery changed and ripped the exhaust of in the previous week :crybaby: )

oh 1994 M Carina E 1998cc Manual

• 1 month later...

Double check that the batterycables are secured to the Battery.

Sometimes the plus cable get loose on my car. One second everything is working fine next second nothing. It is very annoying fault.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links