Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Lost Keys Rant

100949football

What are dealers supposed to do?

You get two keys with a car, and if you lose one that is YOUR fault (sorry, but that is a FACT) and you have the chance to get a new one sorted while you still have a spare.

If you are clumsy enough to lose a spare as well, then you deserve to pay stupidly high prices as you were stupid for not sorting it in the first place.

If you wish to speak to my local MP to complain about my comment, please direct your issue to:

Mr David Cameron

10 Downing street

London

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Dealers (and NOT just Toyota) - my friend, are supposed NOT to rip off the public.

You obviously as well did not read my previous post.

" Anyone want to comment - and PLEASE - don't come up with "it serves you right for losing them", or "you should be insured for this". That is NOT the point I am making! "

I would have been perfectly content to pay for replacements but NOT to be ripped off to the extent of - "in excess of £1200" ! Just hope in the future you do not have the misfortune to lose / misplace your key (s). Perhaps then you may understand my initial post on this forum.

But I am sure you are Mr Perfect and have several replacement keys all snuggled up in tidy little boxes just ready for such a mishap. Well done you!

By the way the comment about "contacting my local MP" was just a throwaway line - I wouldn't contact ANY MP for ANY purpose - they are ALL liars and a complete waste of space! Particularly Mr David Cameron, and when you next speak with him you can tell him I said so!

I think this has gone far enough.............You asked your question.....gave your opinion........received perfectly legitimate advice from a Toyota Parts Manager that is also a respected member of this forum and others who offered you sensible advice.

The security and loss of keys are the responsibility of the vehicle owner at all times.

Sadly you lost yours and have thankfully found them again!............Please take this as a cautionary lesson and make arrangements for spares in case you loose them again.

In answer to your question have any posts been removed / censored.........NO...........The moderators on here have much more to do with their time

In future please show some respect for others on this forum.

TOPIC CLOSED