Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Matrix Flush (Heating)

sponge55

I know there are many threads on this already but i am having great difficulty in removing the two pipes in the engine bay that lead to the matrix itself.

i have been using a pair of pliers to open up the clip and pulled the pipe at the same time but i'm either not pulling with enough force or i'm doing it all wrong??

can someone shed some light on an easier or a correct way to remove these two pipes please?

thanks

Use your pliers to remove the clips full away from bulkhead. And pull. If he pipes are really tight introduce a bit of heat to soften them up. Either a heat gun or some near boiling water works.

Use your pliers to remove the clips full away from bulkhead. And pull. If he pipes are really tight introduce a bit of heat to soften them up. Either a heat gun or some near boiling water works.

thanks, i will give that a try later today

I agree with the advice from Clawliger on the heat, hot water is probably enough. When I did mine (method here) I had warmed the car up previously to help a bit, of course you need to take great care and release the pressure in the system first (detail in the linked post). Good luck with it!

i have given it another go but i am still unable to remove the pipes.

how much will it cost for a garage to do it so i know whether i'm getting ripped off when calling up for quotes?

or if there is anyone in the manchester area wanting to make some spare cash for xmas, get in touch! =)

They are a little tough to get off if they have been off since the car was made, with the engine warm I slipped the clips down the pipes with the pliers, then used a flat headed screw driver to carefully prise the rubber from the metal pipes and then they slipped off ok.

just run your car for a while and then pull the clips back, twist the pipes slightly to break any seal thet may have and then with a good pull they should come off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links