Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris With Winter Tyres

Norvass

I have have taken off my summer Michelin Energy Saver tyres and bought a set of winter tyres: Conti Winter Contact T830. The difference is fantastic here in snow strewn Northumberland. I would like to find a reasonable set of wheels to put the Michelins back on in the Summer. Can anyone recommend a resonable sause of wheels either Aloy or Steel. We don't have many breaker yards up here in North Northumberland.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it make more sense to fit the winter tyres on Steel wheels?

You are more likely to kerb the wheels in the winter, and the salt on the roads is not kind to alloy wheels, but wouldn't hurt a cheaper set of steel wheels.

And when the alloys are off, give them a through clean up and protect them with wheel sealant ready for the summer.

Thats what i would do anyway.. :thumbsup:

A slight hijack here...

I bought a pair of nangkang sv2 snows and they made a night and day of difference, had them fitted at a local small tyre place... BUT. They have damaged my car by using the wrong jack point, the worst thing is that I didn't notice it at the time. I am going back there on Monday and see if I can salvage anything from them, but I fully expect them to tell me to go away.

very annoyed at myself.

Be careful with yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought, but wouldn't it make more sense to fit the winter tyres on Steel wheels?

You are more likely to kerb the wheels in the winter, and the salt on the roads is not kind to alloy wheels, but wouldn't hurt a cheaper set of steel wheels.

And when the alloys are off, give them a through clean up and protect them with wheel sealant ready for the summer.

Thats what i would do anyway.. :thumbsup:

Hi Dave

Good idea but didn't have the luxury of having the time of finding steel wheels. Had to get myself moving for my job. I have searched high and low for steel wheels etc. on eBay etc. Any ideas

Adrian

I have only owned my Auris for a short while, so i don't even know if its a 4 or 5 stud wheel, but i would imagine that all Toyota's would run the same 4 or 5 stud wheels, so maybe a scrap or breakers yard would have an old Toyota in with a spare set of wheels for a good price?

I have only owned my Auris for a short while, so i don't even know if its a 4 or 5 stud wheel, but i would imagine that all Toyota's would run the same 4 or 5 stud wheels, so maybe a scrap or breakers yard would have an old Toyota in with a spare set of wheels for a good price?

your right,why buy new when you could pick up a decent set from a scrappy.i know one near me has a couple of auris in his yard, but dont know the models or condition.if it was not for weather would drive over and take a look.