Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 Rav4 Vx - How Disbale Alarm?

woody12

Hi

Please can someone help!! My Rav4 VX 2001 - for the past 2 night at around 5pm when the temperature is dropping the alarm keeps going off every 20 mins.

I do not have a manual and cannot find out how to disable the alarm?

Does anyone know? or what might be causing it to do this - there is a lot of condensation inside althoug i have always had this but this has never happened before - plus with all the cold weather we have had over the last week it has been fine until yesterday and this evening.

Neighbours are not happy as this is the second night it has been going off for hours!!!!!

Thanks

G

fun and games ... can you just lock the car with the key.... sorry but I don't know that much about the 4.2 RAVs. These alearms can be sensitive to loads of things - like bad connections, water in the connection, and so on.

On the condensation inside, I wonder if you have water leaking into the car - eg via a leak at the windscreen?? Water tracking down inside the car can find its way to the fuse box; and connections underneath the dash. Is your front carpets soaking???

Undo the plug situated on the left side of the car Battery when the alarm goes off.

This will cut off the alarm

AND THEN SEEK ADVICE FROM A DEALERSHIP.

There is no key socket to switch the alarm off. This is what i seem to understand, from my RAV4.......2001 vvti nrg.

dilip

I run a small heater in the RAV just now as its helps in the morning - even tho the car is in my garage.

On the off chance it is the interior movement sensor playing up, the sensor can be disabled by three presses on the fob lock button. Indicators light up for longer on the third press to show this.

Thank you all for your repsonses.

Will update when i work out what is causing it.

it stopped at midnight last night and staretd again at 07:30!!!!!

Thank you all for your repsonses.

Will update when i work out what is causing it.

it stopped at midnight last night and staretd again at 07:30!!!!!

A lie-in then :rolleyes:

I bet you've been crossed off a few Christmas card lists............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links