Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibration Noise From Air Filter Box!

Phoenix5750

Hi Everyone, Just bought myself a Toyota Avensis D-4D COLOUR COLLECTION 56 PLATE...Within a few days I noticed a VERY irritating vibration coming from the Air filter box,it tends to appear on lower gears when decelerating around 15-25mph..can also be heard when car is revved stationary..when you press hard on the Top cover of the Air filter box it goes away.. so I think its to do with the mountings or the type of plastic the air box is made of..seems to have got a lot louder during the recent Cold spell..I checked a mates car and his had a sticker on the Air filter box bearing the words "Authorised Modification" and dated 2009..So looks like it may have been recalled and replaced by Toyota..anyone know how to solve my problem?..would be greatful as i'm working it 8 hrs a day and alot ot the time in lower speeds..being used as a Taxi. Drives fine otherwise!! thanks.

welcome to the forum. Try looking in at the Avensis section, or try sending a PM to Parts-King who works at a Toyota dealer in case you need to check for a recall.

I doubt you'll be driving much today....more than 10cm of snow in 2 hours today!! :eek: :eek:

• 1 year later...

I have a the same vehicle and exactly the same noise, can anyone help?

Welcome Phoenix and Graham to the TOC.

• 11 months later...

Hi, I fixed same probem in 5 minutes.

There is air intake pipe going in the air box and gets loose from wibrations.

remove air box, apply something soft around the pipe which going in the air box, when old filing tape from vibration fauls apart, then creats a gap between air box and air intake pipe, around 2mm, ( i used 3mm tick tape for sealing the windows).