Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"comprimised Fuel Tank"

Rowe1985

Good Evening All,

My friend has a 09 Plate Yaris I believe and has been experiencing a number of problems recently, Toyota were originally unable to find the problem however have now told him it is due to a "Comprimised Fuel Tank" which is not there responsibility under warranty as it has been caused by him using "bad" fuel AKA Supermarket Petrol.

Has anyone else had a similar problem as this or have any idea if there claim to not be responsible and burden the costs for this is fair?

Thanks,

Tom

Hmmm.

Where does it say anywhere in the manual that you shouldn't use "supermarket fuel".

I fully support the view that some supermarket fuels haven't got the same "detergents" in them as branded fuels, so I don't use them, except occasionally when needs must, but they still meet the legal spec and there's nothing in them that would cause damage to a fuel tank....

Sounds like there's more to this than we've heard so far.....

All fuel in the UK has to meet a legal specification, and apart from additives there is no difference to fuel from any forecourt.

Did they ask where the car had been filled up, or did they assume correctly that it was a supermarket?

A 'compromised fuel tank' may well mean that it's contaminated (usually with water or wrong type of fuel e.g. petrol in diesel or vice versa!)

if its a diesel there is an enzyme that can contaminate the fuel, but un less he has been putting red diesel (illegal) in or using a back woods garage then i doubt that this is the issue