Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Snow Tyres

Insanity-74

I`m getting pig sick of getting stuck in the snow in my 98 Corolla (Its **** in the snow & I`m missing the GT4) I am getting some snow tyres for the duration.....Verdistein Snowtrak 3 get good reviews, but the nearest size to mine is 195/55/16....my current size is 205/45/16...it works out about 5% difference with a diameter 30mm bigger than current. Will this adversely effect the car in any way or dosnt it really matter? Other than the speedo being out but I dont care about that.

Are you gonna change all 4 tyres or just the front two for your FWD or is the WRC road version 4WD? Its just that I was told by an ATS guy that you shouldnt really run different tyre sizes unless you run them on all 4 wheels, as I was considering changing my 195 / 55's TO 205 / 50's which are similar ratio's.

Otherwise, so long as your have plenty of gap between the arch and your alloys can take 195 tread width properly i wouldnt see how that could be a problem but i'm sure the other guys will have more advice.

Sounds pricey though, why dont you just get some snow chains for when you get stuck - if its thick enough that is?

Are you gonna change all 4 tyres or just the front two for your FWD or is the WRC road version 4WD? Its just that I was told by an ATS guy that you shouldnt really run different tyre sizes unless you run them on all 4 wheels, as I was considering changing my 195 / 55's TO 205 / 50's which are similar ratio's.

Otherwise, so long as your have plenty of gap between the arch and your alloys can take 195 tread width properly i wouldnt see how that could be a problem but i'm sure the other guys will have more advice.

Sounds pricey though, why dont you just get some snow chains for when you get stuck - if its thick enough that is?

The nearest my Corolla WRC gets to the real Rally WRCs is the shape and the fact its a Corolla (unfortunately)..otherwise beyond the bodykit and suspension its just a bog standard Corolla....its only FWD which is why its so bad at going anywhere in the snow...blasted thing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links