Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Delivery From A Rav4 Fuel Tank....in Miles

paulnanrod

I've been looking to change my girlfriends Seat Leon to a Rav4, as we changed our 1998 S Reg rav for better MPG from a diesel......now regretting it, we want another Rav, but a newer one......looking at a 2002-2003ish Rav4, 2.0 Petrol. I know there are all of the fuel consumptions online, which, being honest, do not normally relate to the actual delivery. At the minute she is doing approximately 300 miles per week and about 250 of those motorway, rest in town...........Just wanting to know if it will be another mortgage fuelling this!!!

Does anyone have any ideas of roughly how many miles per tank on mainly motorway miles?

Thanks in advance

I've been looking to change my girlfriends Seat Leon to a Rav4, as we changed our 1998 S Reg rav for better MPG from a diesel......now regretting it, we want another Rav, but a newer one......looking at a 2002-2003ish Rav4, 2.0 Petrol. I know there are all of the fuel consumptions online, which, being honest, do not normally relate to the actual delivery. At the minute she is doing approximately 300 miles per week and about 250 of those motorway, rest in town...........Just wanting to know if it will be another mortgage fuelling this!!!

Does anyone have any ideas of roughly how many miles per tank on mainly motorway miles?

Thanks in advance

Its not going to be too far away from the 4.1 - probably marginally better. Like everything it depends how you drive etc. Seem to remember that folk speak of around 27mpg up towards 30??

I get 22mpg so anything above that is great :lol:

I used to have a 2001 petrol model. As said, a lot depends on how you drive it, and also how many hills and bends are on your path. I usually averaged 33mpg driving sensibly on A-roads. The max I achieved was 41mpg, and that was at a steady 50mph (not through choice!) on a level journey of about 100 miles. If my memory serves me correctly, you'll struggle to get decent fuel economy at speeds above 70mph.

The mileage per tank depends on the level at which you fill up! But at say 50 litres per tank, 33mpg translates into about 360 miles per tank.

As a matter of interest, my 4.3 D4D has got worse and worse, and now produces 38mpg even though I only amble around on A roads - little or no town driving, no high speeds. So not really a vast difference between petrol and diesel, in my experience.

i run on the a14/m6 with a 3dr 2.0 ltr petrol 52 plate at about 65 mph and reckon on about 320 miles to a tank without pushing it to the max. I have done more during the summers, steady 60ish on autoroutes with little traffic.

If you're doing the miles you need a Diesel. My 2.2 D4D (57 plate) consistently produces over 43mpg with varied speeds (not stuck in traffic much though). That gives a range of at least 450 miles, best I've had is 484 miles before needing to refill!

Dave

If you're doing the miles you need a Diesel. My 2.2 D4D (57 plate) consistently produces over 43mpg with varied speeds (not stuck in traffic much though). That gives a range of at least 450 miles, best I've had is 484 miles before needing to refill!

Dave

What am I doing wrong then?!? I struggle to get 360 from full click to fuel light. I did get 420 once but that was driving down to Cornwall and around the a30 so all motorway and a- roads.

That's driving like an angel all the time! Tyres right pressure, no excess load (including no spare wheel!) no harsh acceleration or braking (in fact pretty boring driving). The odd time I overtake or put my foot down the mpg rapidly and noticably decreases. I'm doing 20k miles a year so it has to be economic (which is why I chose the Rav in the first place, but didn't get a 180)

Dave

I used to have a 2001 petrol model. As said, a lot depends on how you drive it, and also how many hills and bends are on your path. I usually averaged 33mpg driving sensibly on A-roads. The max I achieved was 41mpg, and that was at a steady 50mph (not through choice!) on a level journey of about 100 miles. If my memory serves me correctly, you'll struggle to get decent fuel economy at speeds above 70mph.

The mileage per tank depends on the level at which you fill up! But at say 50 litres per tank, 33mpg translates into about 360 miles per tank.

As a matter of interest, my 4.3 D4D has got worse and worse, and now produces 38mpg even though I only amble around on A roads - little or no town driving, no high speeds. So not really a vast difference between petrol and diesel, in my experience.

Hi,

at this time of year we all get a bit depressed about fuel consumption. My long term average on a 4.3 XT5 D-4D is 39.7 ( live in a very hilly area ) however the last tank or two in the very cold weather i'm getting 32! Problem is the driving is not at sensible speed ( for economy ), the heated seat, heated windscreen and aircon are all working overtime as well as me never getting into 6th gear. I'm sure everything will return to normal come the Spring :yes: If I could just get a bit of Continental mororway driving again I'm sure that I could get over 50 again!

We've got an 02 VVTi Auto and it gets 25 mpg - just! Having owned quite a few Toyotas in last 10 years I find that they are hopeless on fuel consumption but they make up for it on general reliability - as long as you keep the extended warranty going. They go through ECU sensors like crazy!! Having said that, their dealers can be crap so I won't be buying another.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links