Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Freezing Up Inside

ahappychappie

Hi,

I have an 2010 Avensis Tourer. The last couple of days the car windows have been partly frozen up inside. I've never had this problem on any car before.

Appreciate its mighty chilly but still don't expect this to happen, just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

Water was on the rubber car mats from melting snow on shoes and presumed this was the problem. However, subsequently dried the mats, wiped all windows dry, run the car on high temperature with Aircon on for quite a while so all was dry, but still rear window was frozen this morning...

It's predominantly the rear window at the bottom (although both front and rear yesterday), trim feels OK but just wondering if still need to get it checked..

Thanks.

I've had this problem with another car that was letting in water via the rear window seals. With the Avensis, even though mine generally has puddles in the boot, no inside freezing...yet...

This has happened to all the cars that my Wife has owned - they all live outside in the open (mine has the luxury of a garage to live in) regardless of whether they have been Toyota's or Suzuki's - even her old Metro from years ago froze up inside during the worst of the winter....

It soon clears with the heater directed to the screen... roll on spring/summer :thumbsup:

I also have a 2010 tourer and mine is kept outside but i have never experienced this problem.

Regards,

Robin

My 2009 Tourer froze up on the inside. I always keep it outside, the previous day, I was in and out the car a few times, carried snow on my shoes each time I got in the car, the mats got wet, sunday sun on the car causing the water to exaporate and condense on the windows and freeze. Unfortunately outside temperature of -6 on monday morning didn't help, took 50 miles of driving to fully thaw out. Tuesday morning, there was a small bit of ice on the inside of the windscreen but it was -13.

It wholly depends on the amount of water and/or snow you bring into the interior prior to parking it over night.

If that's a lot, it condenses and freezes on the inside of the windows ... on any car.

What I do when there's snow, I put a floor cloth (or mop) on the floor and take it back indoors to dry afterwards.

It does not interfere with the pedals and helps a lot to keep the interior dry(er).