Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratched A Yaris! Help!

notoriouseddie

Hello all,

New to the forum. After having to sleep in my office last night with the snow in Scotland, I finally made it home today. When trying to do a parallel park outisde my flat the car literally slipped sideways on a patch of ice and damaged the car infront. Im really pee'd off with myself and how minor the damage is but I'm guessing I'm guessing Im going to write a decent sized cheque to have it repaired. The scratches are on the rear bumper. Im wondering if this would be a respray job or a full replacement and any idea of the costs involved. I have insurance obviously but I'm wondering if I'd be better off paying for it myself as the excess is £250.

Photos included - All comments welcome (apart from 'learn to park you ******')

Regards,

Eddie

post-102174-051682400 1291729712_thumb.j

post-102174-047570600 1291729719_thumb.j

infact, looking at the photos I dont know if this would be classified as the rear bumper. Car is a Toyota T-spirit by the way.

Chips Away or other such franchise should be able to sort it out for under £250...

looks like a yaris t-sport bumper to me.

if so the area you hit is not painted, its bare plastic.

no way it will come near £250 either way.

probably roughly sanded back and sanded smooth, end of... i would say :thumbsup: