Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint On Car

Avensis-Boy

Hi my 55 plate avensis is in body shop being sprayed the thing is it has been done twice but they can't seem to get it right.

On my logbook it says silver fern but they have the code off the car and it comes up with five different shades, my car has like a tint of green which changes in light.

Any body got the correct match or any advice welcome.

Hi my 55 plate avensis is in body shop being sprayed the thing is it has been done twice but they can't seem to get it right.

On my logbook it says silver fern but they have the code off the car and it comes up with five different shades, my car has like a tint of green which changes in light.

Good luck with it, my car is sliver fern and has had several panels resprayed. Not one of them match! They may have to spray a significant proportion of the car to get any reasonable blending.

As always, a better bodyshop will do a better job. The bodyshop with the best reputation round here did the latest work on mine and it's as near to the original as can be. The rest was done before I bought the car and is obviously inferior work.

Take it elsewhere if you can...

Hi mate go with this link then click on 3 stage color repair or paint process posters and it will show you or the paint shop how it is done by Toyota and the only way to get it right!

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/paint.aspx

Regards Pete.

Thanks for the replys, still not right this is turning into a nightmare.

I spoke to the bodyshop and they said to take my car to the company who supplies the paint and they reckon I should try a waterbased paint rather than solvent, which they think might give a better match. Is that true or they feeding me a load of bull.

Thanks for the replys, still not right this is turning into a nightmare.

I spoke to the bodyshop and they said to take my car to the company who supplies the paint and they reckon I should try a waterbased paint rather than solvent, which they think might give a better match. Is that true or they feeding me a load of bull.

Hello again, I thought they all used water based paint these days.