Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Vibration

charlyjo

my car has had a vibration on the exhuast since the cold weather came (noise and knocking stopped when the car got warm), i've been under it today and the exhaust was resting on a link bar of some sort that goes from either side of the tunnel (about half way down the center section), all the rubbers look ok, my question is, is the bar part of the exhaust and as the weld just broken so it's now loose or has the exhaust just dropped slightly ?

i've heated the bar up and bent it down so theres some clearance and the knocking etc has stopped, but if its meant to be attached i'll get it welded back on or get a clamp of some sort.

cheers

hi m8, The cross bar is not welded to the exhaust. I also have had this happen & like u just bend the bar for slight clearance.

job done.

my car has had a vibration on the exhuast since the cold weather came (noise and knocking stopped when the car got warm), i've been under it today and the exhaust was resting on a link bar of some sort that goes from either side of the tunnel (about half way down the center section), all the rubbers look ok, my question is, is the bar part of the exhaust and as the weld just broken so it's now loose or has the exhaust just dropped slightly ?

i've heated the bar up and bent it down so theres some clearance and the knocking etc has stopped, but if its meant to be attached i'll get it welded back on or get a clamp of some sort.

cheers

if petrol -- check with spark plugs;

if diesel -- yr problem is poor injection

the above is very clear observed at cold starting.

cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links