Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Computerwizardry In The Snow

freestyle

Had a brown trousers incident this evening when turning into a road where the rav decided it wanted to include a sidewards movement into its forward momentum on some ice (brown trousers as i only just came to a halt in front of a car that hadnt been so lucky....).

Now luckily when i turned into the road i wasnt actually going very fast so as soon as i realised things were amiss i got onto the brakes and could feel the abs biting as it tried to stop the car. After getting back on my way i got to thinking, shouldn't the vsc/traction control have been beeping away at me and trying to help? (not sure if a dash light came on as was trying to avoid the other motorist) Or due to the fact that i was wasn't using the throttle as i came into the road did it not realise it had lost traction?

It depends on how fast you were going and what the system can feel. It has to feel some sideways momentum but if you want to check it go into an empty car park and give it some rice.

It depends on how fast you were going and what the system can feel. It has to feel some sideways momentum but if you want to check it go into an empty car park and give it some rice.

" go into an empty car park and give it some rice " - I tried that earlier this morning and the polis were called by Tescos security staff. They called me a big pudding, and when I complained, told me that I was skating on thin ice !

So far I have been able not to bottle it on entering our wee sloping sul-de-cac, and keep a mere morsel of throttle on, and only slipped slightly sideways once. The beeps certainly came on then, so it WOULD seem that as long as one has a modicum of gas on, it will keep going through the slide, albeit the beeps are what threatens to ruin my trousers...!

As for Funnerburd Too, the wife's wee 3 door, it's like driving a 4WD brick....hasn't put a foot wrong, considering it is minus so much of the wizardry that only shcm / Anchorman unnerstaun !!

Big Kev :D

As for Funnerburd Too, the wife's wee 3 door, it's like driving a 4WD brick....hasn't put a foot wrong, considering it is minus so much of the wizardry that only shcm / Anchorman unnerstaun !!

Well it's almost proper 4x4 stuff, :thumbsup:, none of this daft electronics to get in the way ;) (That's the price you pay for heavier vehicle and better fuel consumption and/or performance).

To be honest, I found my 5dr 4.2 on the odd occasion a bit less grippy at the back. Perhaps that was down to the bridgestones, although on the plus side they did last forever.

:g: does the 5dr and 3dr 4.2 have the same wheelbase and would it make a difference? :unsure: I'll have to check................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links