Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Aygo Or Not To Aygo - That Is The Question....? :-)

Debster

Hi All,

Tomorrow I am trading in my Fiesta Zetec for a newish car.

I have test driven a couple in the past few days and have been surprised by cars that historically I thought were laughable, but now it seems are pretty much up there, ie Fiat Panda.

However. I wanted to get an Aygo. Reviews are all very positive when you look at Top Ten City Cars - type things. But I've been reading reviews on here by you guys who actually OWN an Aygo and it's not all a pretty picture it would seem.

So...I have no time left to keep looking for the right car and now I'm very confused.

Maybe I want too much and maybe I'm gonna have to compromise. :-( These are the things I was looking for anyways:

Good fuel economy

Cheap road tax

Reliability

Fun to drive

A bit of punch on the motorway

Hmmm...maybe it doesn't exist...lolol. :blink:

Debster

I WAS an Aygo owner before I got the IQ2. I was very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone who wanted a nippy ickle car ....................... :thumbsup:

I have a Prius and my wife has an Aygo Blue.

Over the last two weeks the Prius has been out of my garage once so we've been fighting over the Aygo.... Brilliant in the snow the mmt box is great - i use it as a manual, she uses it as an auto.

Plenty of space (i'm 6'6") - boot is tiny, but for just the two of us it's fine...

Economical, country driving gives us around 50 mpg, even with the a/c on

Generally a damn good car :thumbsup: Give one a test drive.....

Hmmm...

Is this a marmite car? Jan&Tone and Devil-ish being of the pro-marmite brigade? :thumbsup:

I think a test drive is probably the best next course of action. If I like the way it drives and can get on some faster roads to check the performance and whatnot, it might sway my position. :yes:

Still happy for more suggestions on different cars though.

Debster

Get an Aygo, it's cheap to run, fun to drive and won't break the bank :toast:

At this class their is not many other cars that are better than the Aygo. Avoid the Nissan Pixo as its not very good, the Panda looks ugly, Ford KA is too expensive.

Hi All,

I have test driven a couple in the past few days and have been surprised by cars that historically I thought were laughable, but now it seems are pretty much up there, ie Fiat Panda.

However. I wanted to get an Aygo. Reviews are all very positive when you look at Top Ten City Cars - type things. But I've been reading reviews on here by you guys who actually OWN an Aygo and it's not all a pretty picture it would seem.

So...I have no time left to keep looking for the right car and now I'm very confused.

Maybe I want too much and maybe I'm gonna have to compromise. :-( These are the things I was looking for anyways:

Good fuel economy

Cheap road tax

Reliability

Fun to drive

Debster

First things first - take your time when choosing a car - unless your Fiesta is literally fit only for scrap

i can't see why you need to do it today. But in fairness i don't know your circumstances - but id still say try and

take your time. Buying a car is a big commitment - so if you can - take your time. Best of luck with whatever you buy anyhow

im sure the Aygo will do you proud if you buy one. Pandas are supposed to be pretty good though, and maybe look at the i10 Hyundai and Kia Picanto as well. Kia do 7 year warranties on some of their models but i don't know if the Picanto is included in that scheme.

Red diesel

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

Good fuel economy

Cheap road tax

Reliability

Fun to drive

Debster

First things first - take your time when choosing a car - unless your Fiesta is literally fit only for scrap

i can't see why you need to do it today. But in fairness i don't know your circumstances - but id still say try and

take your time. Buying a car is a big commitment - so if you can - take your time. Best of luck with whatever you buy anyhow

im sure the Aygo will do you proud if you buy one. Pandas are supposed to be pretty good though, and maybe look at the i10 Hyundai and Kia Picanto as well. Kia do 7 year warranties on some of their models but i don't know if the Picanto is included in that scheme.

Red diesel

I had a fiat panda and what it lacks on looks it made up for on reliability, and performance. I changed it just because of thelooks and regret it. Got a peugeot 207 sport and had nothing but trouble. It wont even start at the moment. Put a deposit on an aygo platinum. Again gone for looks. Done all my homework and got in touch with previous owner who put my mind at rest. Make sure your car has full service history, warranty and if possible speak to previous owner if you can get their details from the log book that the seller has got. Main thing with aygos seems to be water leaking into cabin socheck carpets everywhere. Mine is 3 yrs old and according to previous owner, its dry. good luck with your search

If I was in your position again (and I wish I was considering the price of fuel now) I would undoubtably buy the Fiat 500 TwinAir, it has a 900cc engine that is faster 0-60 than most 1.3 engines, free road tax and gives 68MPG. It's a fantastic car.

BTW, I owned a new Aygo for 4 months and did not particularly like it, the fuel economy isn't that great (I got 48MPG combined, which was less than my 1.3 Yaris got).

How about the KA Zetec? They look pretty funky :D

If I was in your position again (and I wish I was considering the price of fuel now) I would undoubtably buy the Fiat 500 TwinAir, it has a 900cc engine that is faster 0-60 than most 1.3 engines, free road tax and gives 68MPG. It's a fantastic car.

BTW, I owned a new Aygo for 4 months and did not particularly like it, the fuel economy isn't that great (I got 48MPG combined, which was less than my 1.3 Yaris got).

How about the KA Zetec? They look pretty funky :D

Fuel economy does, of course, differ from driver to driver. I regularly get 56 MPG from mine, the £20 road tax is brilliant, and it's great fun to drive. Also surprisingly spacious inside. Some leak, but you tend to hear about those because people like to moan about things rather than give a car praise - they think it makes for better reading.

The 500 is a great, characterful little car but it's also significantly more expensive, whilst real-world reports suggest fuel economy to be no better than the standard 1.2 500. The Ka is based on the 500, but it doesn't get that fabulous TwinAir engine, so fuel economy and CO2 emissions aren't quite as good as those of the Aygo/C1/107. It also won't hold its value anywhere near as well, if you're thinking about running costs long-term. Good luck with whatever you choose! But I can easily back the Aygo and its siblings.