Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla In For Servicing, Got Yaris Courtesy Car.

clangnuts

Took my Corolla in for a service today. They have given me a Yaris TR as a courtesy car, and I really don't like it. Biggest gripe is the speedo in the middle of the dashboard. I also think the plastic trim feels very cheap. The centre console wobbles about!

Last year I got an IQ car to play with, and I think that was much better. Is this the way new Toyotas are going? Is the cheap trim to save weight? I understand making the speedo in the centre means they don't have to change it for RHD/LHD vehicles, but it just feels so unnatural to me. Glancing to the left to see what speed I'm doing.

ofcorse they have to change it for rhd/lhd, it is still facing toward the driver,

i didnt think i would like or get used to it but after driving the vitz for 30 seconds its just automatic that its in the center, no big deal.

toyota were never known for their style, they have always been the boring, safe, relaible manufacturer, they are known for their brilliant engines and when they start failing then its time to start asking question.

Put my Corolla in for a service today as well, I also got a Yaris! Quite liked it - the brakes seem better than my CTS, which is a bit worrying!

Not all that gone on the Mk 2 Yaris to be honest

But folk that have them seem to like them

i know someone whose half thinking of buying a 2011 Yaris

because she likes one of the other colours (shes currently

driving a 07 Mk 2).

As courtesy cars go though - id be happy to have a half decent yoke

to drive around in - its only for a day or so anyway. Its not like your

stuck with it forever :yes: .

You could argue that ideally you should get a car of similar type to your own

ie Corolla owner gets Auris, Avensis Owner gets an Avensis. But unfortunately

we don't live in a perfect world.

I prefer the center dash; I will miss its absence in the new Yaris :(

The Yaris is a good car, but it can't compare with the Corolla in terms of build quality. Heck, the Auris can't compare with the Corolla in terms of build quality! XD

I prefer the center dash; I will miss its absence in the new Yaris :(

The Yaris is a good car, but it can't compare with the Corolla in terms of build quality. Heck, the Auris can't compare with the Corolla in terms of build quality! XD

Are they changing the centre dash layout? The Yaris I had yesterday was brand new 60 plate with 1700 miles. I thought that was the latest version.

Not just the centre dash that I didn't like. The quality of the plastics in the cabin seemed very cheap and nasty to me. While I was waiting to collect my Corolla, I had a look around the new cars in the showroom, and the same sort of cheap plastics were on other cars.

i have an auris bakk in t toyota on 17 dec for more work and i got a courtesy car yaris 1.3 petrol mmt and i really liked the car such an improvement to the old one

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links