Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

55 Reg Corolla T3 D4D 1.4 Rear Brake Pads

Corolla T3 D4D

Hi,

Can someone describe to me in simple terms and what is needed to change the rear brake pads on the above vehicle please?

I am generally quite handy in a DIY sense but do not have a lot of knowledge when it comes to working on cars.

Any advice/help would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

Can someone describe to me in simple terms and what is needed to change the rear brake pads on the above vehicle please?

I am generally quite handy in a DIY sense but do not have a lot of knowledge when it comes to working on cars.

Any advice/help would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

Its all here in the above Pinned post My link

Its an easy job, only two things I would add to that good post, if you want to check or clean your brake shoes as well, just understandard how the adjuster works before attempting to take the drum off, on a 55 it should come off with hand pressure.

Also the brake caliper pins probably need a clean an re-lubricating, so get a small tube or sachet of proper rubber grease / red grease from your accessory shop first - don't use copper grease on them, keep that for the rear of the brake pads etc. - however a thin layer is all thats needed, you do not have to cover the brake hub as thickly as shown in those pics.

Also buy a can or two of Brake cleaner to clean both the discs and drum / brake shoes etc.

The Haynes manual is a good investment if you are thinking of doing more servicing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links