Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seats In Yaris Tsport

Nath_c

Dont think anyone has covered this but i would like to change the front seats in my tsport yaris. This is only because the seats that are in are too high, not a fan of city seats!! I am 6ft 1 but have plenty of room this is no issue. I dont want anything boy racer like bucket seats from Halfords, their terrible. I was more thinking along the line of the celica seats so they may atleast look like they belong in the car, or even some corolla seats (saw a taxi at my local garage, had all leather spec was absolutely gorgeous interior). Has anyone done this? is it fairly easy? dont want a massive job to be honest, plus their are airbags in the standard seats which would throw the airbag light up when removed. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Many thanks

• Like 1

aw i love the seats, they are very high and it took a bit of getting used to but its a great driving position,

i would be 99% sure you would need to do alot of modifing to the seat rails.

as for the airbags, iam sure you can have toyota or local garage reset ecu and remove airbags.

i seen a celica eralier with gorgeous black leather bucket seats, they would look fantastic.

oh come to think of it theres a lad in dublin has bucket seats in his, must put up a pic

Thanks for input! :thumbsup: I do like the seats and they are surprisingly supportive but not very sporty...will have to think whether its worth while, would deffo like a look at a pic of that lads though...

you can get trd airbag cancellers.

lots of people have fitted all types of seat to the yaris, some even squeezed subaru seats in. most opt for aftermarket seats such as kei, recaro, bride, sparco etc. these all come with the subframes. you'll have fun modifying the subframes of celica seats, but it has been done before. although i doubt it's going to be much lower, due to the height of the yaris/toyota subframe.

When you say too high... I suppose you have used the seat hight adjuster first, to lower it? :!Removed!:

HAHA yes ofcourse i have used the seat adjuster! Just doesnt feel as sporty as it could with the seats lower down. Albeit a city car it would in my opinion make a very fast one!!!