Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Best Wheels You Can Buy For Your Aygo/yaris/iq

PaulT

I'm selling my Rays wheels I have been using in the Toyota Sprint Series these last couple of years. Note that these are double-championship winning parts! :toast:

Of course, they work as well on the road as they do on the track. These are forged wheels, as opposed to the usual cast alloys you normally see, and that means Rays Engineering can make them very light and strong. These weigh less than 3.6kg each, which is less than half the usual weight of a cast alloy wheel.

Racers say that one kilogram saved on the wheel is worth three saved on the chassis, so I was going into competition against the Yarises with a 40-50kg weight advantage which is a fair amount in a car that only has 67bhp B)

The offset on these wheels is 38, which means if you have an Aygo then they fit perfectly with 185x55x14 tyres, no rubbing. Should also work with other small Toyotas, but you are welcome to come round and try a fitting if you are interested in buying.

The holes are for conical bolts or nuts, like the standard ones used for the Aygo steel wheels. I'll also bundle a set of locking wheel bolts if your car uses bolts like the Aygo. Otherwise you will need tuner-style nuts.

These wheels are in very good condition with no scrapes or kerbing, and have no tyres mounted. I have been the only owner, and they were made for me in February 2009 (see label below). Pictures:

DSCF2767-1.jpg?t=1292104302

DSCF2832.jpg?t=1292104306

DSCF2833.jpg?t=1292104305

1238318670712700.jpg?t=1292104329

These are simply the best wheels you can buy in this size, and the price reflects that. I'm looking for offers around £1000 for the set. If you think that hurts, go and look up the new price :crybaby:

And if you think that's a mad price to pay when the new cost of the car is under £7k, then I agree :lol: People in the know will point and stare at your car at meets, though.

Drop me a pm if you want any more info or want to come and have a look. I'm in South Bucks, and I'm afraid there is absolutely no chance of me putting these in the post. Buyer will need to collect.

Thanks for reading.

Paul.

Ah man! I remember you showing me those when I bought your other set off you, really nice wheels and super light!

Why're you selling them?! (Don't tell me you've got even lighter and more expensive ones!! :eek::lol: )

Ah man! I remember you showing me those when I bought your other set off you, really nice wheels and super light!

Why're you selling them?! (Don't tell me you've got even lighter and more expensive ones!! :eek::lol: )

I've bought a Supra to race next year so I need some bigger Rays :lol:

Paul.

:eek:

Wow! Nice :D

That'll be quite a big change from the Aygo in all sense of the word! :lol:

Bit of an unfair advantage over Janey now tho' surely? :laughing:

Soo.... out of curiosity... what's happening to your highly modded Aygo 'eh? :naughty:

Yeah, you've always got to watch Janey, though, she is fast! I'll have the fear when I line up on the start, don't worry :lol:

My Aygo wasn't really all that modded, just chose parts carefully. The seats will go into the Supra, wheels and tyres will be sold (maybe, or I might just keep the wheels), the lowering springs, stiffened anti-roll bars and uprated front pads and discs are still on the car which makes driving fun. It's a sleeper B)

I can't sell the Aygo yet, it's only done 45k miles. Plus we're double champions, and it costs peanuts to run :toast:

Paul.