Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Map Dvd Update For Gen 2

BlueValour

Ah, if only things were as straightforward with the Gen III. Toyota are still trying to get their heads around how to update the hard drive system. And what it will cost when they do.

And they still haven't attempted to explain why the mapping data is 2 1/2 years out of date when the car is new. My map data is about 18 months older than my previous Gen II Prius. It's a good job that most roads stay in the same position for a good few years.

Ah, if only things were as straightforward with the Gen III. Toyota are still trying to get their heads around how to update the hard drive system. And what it will cost when they do.

And they still haven't attempted to explain why the mapping data is 2 1/2 years out of date when the car is new. My map data is about 18 months older than my previous Gen II Prius. It's a good job that most roads stay in the same position for a good few years.

Hi Ancient

I agree with you totally, it has got to the stage now where it's getting silly. I have posted on this site (link below) a number of times and so have other people. It seems as though my posts are being edited out now because of the potential new people might be put off. I cannot see that it is a problem because Navtec supply mapping to Jaguar and others and I bet they do not have the problem. So the problem must be with Toyota. I had a gen II with DVD discs and never had a problem with updates. I think by putting it on a hard drive was a big mistake because if the hard drive crashes, as we know they do, who will pay to have it put back on. Hoping they sort out this diabolical situation soon as it seems most places I want to go are not mapped and it sends you way out off route some times. I might just have well saved money and brought a T4 with Tom Tom navigation unit.

Stompe

:censor:

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-prius-everything-you-need-to-know

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/-/-/-/Default-Start (This shows which car manufacturers use Navtec)

Hi,I am new to this excellent forum and I did exactly that,I had a 2009 gen2 Prius T spirit, but I couldn't get on with the sat nav fitted to the car I found it hard to program and some post codes were greyed out before I could enter it fully. Plus £150 for a current disc was a no brainer for me.

Any way I decided to upgrade to a gen3 Prius T4,bought a Garmin sat nav for £130 easy to program even for me , plus I can take it into the house in comfort and program it and Update it ( free for 1 year) via the computer.

I don,t use the windscreen suction cup because I think it advertises the fact that you have a sat nav,instead I bought a nice dashboard beanbag mount for it.

I do miss the rear view camera but I never had one in all the other cars I have owned.I saved quite a few pounds by buying a T4 over the T spirit.

Kind Regards

exguitarman