Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Security System

nightblade

Hey to all,

Im just wondering would a toyota alarm system fit into a taramack system? Like i was thinking that all i would need would be the transmitter box and a key for that system but im not sure would the connectors from the system that i have in it would fit the connection for them or would i have to get all the toyota alarm system. So really thats my main question tbh. The reason on why im asking this is because I have just found that the remote locking in the system has decided to kick the bucket and i have changed the batteries in them but still no good. And on a previous form that i have iv been told that a toyota dealer can change the codes on a toyota reomote locking to match the immobiliser.

Thanks for any advise on this.

Regards,

Shane

• 8 months later...

The remote central locking and engine imobiliser are in no way connected, apart from sharing hte same key.

1) The engine immobiliser works on a passive RFID chip located int he key, stimulated by a ring in the ignition barrel to authenticate the key and enable the fuel pump.

2) The remote keyfob in the key talks to the body module to unlock the doors.

You can resync the fob to the car yourself, depending on the vehicle and location. What is an E10 and are you in the UK/EU? http://www.carkeyhelp.co.uk/categories/Toyota/Remote-Programming/

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links