Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Maintenance Warning Light

SMH13

Hello

My Oil Maintenance Warning Light has just come up on my Rav.

On looking in the manual, it states oil needs changing.

It was serviced and was changed then.

How can I get rid of the warning light?

Many Thanks

With ign on, on instrument pack, set the multi-information display to TRIP A.

Turn the ignition switch off.

Press and hold the ODO / TRIP switch, and turn the ignition switch on (IG).

After turning the ignition switch on (IG), keep holding the ODO/TRIP switch for at least 5 seconds.

• 3 weeks later...

With ign on, on instrument pack, set the multi-information display to TRIP A.

Turn the ignition switch off.

Press and hold the ODO / TRIP switch, and turn the ignition switch on (IG).

After turning the ignition switch on (IG), keep holding the ODO/TRIP switch for at least 5 seconds.

Hello , Have tried this a couple of times and no joy. When I turn Ig on holding the odo trip switch for at least 5 seconds the warning still apears ? Have followed all the instruction.

Can you help?

Many Thanks

It should work. I Assume the message is "OIL MAINT NOW"? Let's try a bit more detail: :thumbsup:

Start with everything off. With your foot off the clutch, press the start button a couple of times, to get the dial display up, without starting the engine.

Now press the trip button on the dial display until you've got the display of miles for "TRIP A" up.

Press the start button to power everything off.

Now hold in the trip button and at the same time, press the start button again twice (still with foot off clutch if you like) to get everything powered up again.

This should start the reset process. If I remember correctly, you might even see a message saying "OIL MAINT RESET" and some "countdown dashes" while you hold in that trip button.

If the message is anything else like "LOW ENGINE OIL LEVEL" or "LOW ENGINE OIL PRESSURE", you probably do need to go to the dealer.

Cheers :thumbsup:

It should work. I Assume the message is "OIL MAINT NOW"? Let's try a bit more detail: :thumbsup:

Start with everything off. With your foot off the clutch, press the start button a couple of times, to get the dial display up, without starting the engine.

Now press the trip button on the dial display until you've got the display of miles for "TRIP A" up.

Now hold in the trip button and at the same time, press the start button again twice (still with foot off clutch if you like) to get everything powered up again.

This should start the reset process. If I remember correctly, you might even see a message saying "OIL MAINT RESET" and some "countdown dashes" while you hold in that trip button.

If the message is anything else like "LOW ENGINE OIL LEVEL" or "LOW ENGINE OIL PRESSURE", you probably do need to go to the dealer.

:thumbsup: Have been switching the engine on and off, perhaps that's where I'm going wrong!

The message is "Oil maint now" , will have another go tomorrow.

Many Thanks for all your help, want to avoid going to Toyota! :thumbsup:

Just out of interest what does the trip computer MPG mean at the bottom of your reply? This is the first Toyota I have had and I must admit, do not understand that bit of the car . The display doesn't mean alot to me ! :eek: Many Thanks

The figure is the average consumption over a longer period of time. That little thing whizzing about shows you the live mpg so when it is over to the left (0) it is low mpg and when it is over to the right (90) it is higher mpg.

BTW, when you cancel your oil service light tomorrow be sure to ask your dealer what on earth they were wanting to charge you for.

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbsup: Many Thanks, warning light now off and yes your right I will ask Toyota what they were wanting to charge for!