Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help !

Craig Simpson

changing gear on a damndrover is comparable to stirring a mix of haggis and porage oats. At least with the haggis, you know what the outcome is !

Nice one..............pmsl.

Craig

I can understand your frustration but you keep using this example of starting away at an island. I'm not aware that joining an island too slowly is a life threatening or dangerous situation.

It would appear that yours has been identified as having a fault but Dave is saying his is the same as the others he's tried so you can't compare the 2. Let them have a go at fixing it and see what happens. Hopefully you will be pleased but as I said at the beginning, these can be notchy boxes at the best of times so don't expect it to be perfect. From what I can see they are not walking away, they are going to great lengths to fix it. Stripping that box down is a huge job.

You may have had a better experience with another brand but LRs are notoriously unreliable and my mate who has a CRV with 16k on it is having great difficulty in getting Honda to fix a rumbling noise from the front transmission area. They claim they can't hear it let alone fix it and you can barely hear yourself think when it is doing it. The Germans aren't all they are made up to be either and I know people that have had horrendous problems with VW and BMW 4X4s.

I honestly understand your frustration but if they can just get that gearchange acceptable for you I think you will struggle to better that motor. Keep your chin up.

Don't mean to rant or keep mentioning 'Roundabouts', but where I live there is a large one and traffic from the M65 Motorway filters onto it. They have a head start at you from some distance, obviously, having pulled away in 1st and then not being able to engage 2nd asap DOES cause some stress when a car/lorry is about to punch you up the rear............I rest my case & won't mention them again.

Well, the snow is here and my Rav4 is in the garage. As you say, they do seem to be attempting to sort it, I'll give them that. So I'll just have to bare with them and see where it all ends. To be honest...........I just want my damn car back !!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to go on so..............

Thanks for all your input/advice. We'll get through to the next stage next week and hopefully there will be some improvement then as you say, I may well just have to live with it.

Craig in a Sunny & Snowy Burnley.

Craig I fully sympathize with you mate!

When you fork out a load of cash for a motor you expect it to perform perfectly!! My (59) XTR was just under £23,000 and it is "now" not to the standard of the (56) XT-4 I traded in, which I had from new. Some thing is fishy to me!!!

I am still not fully convinced even after driving two other Rav4's that there isn't a manufacture fault with some of these gear boxes.

It's not just a "notchy" feeling that we are experiencing. This is a horrible crunching sound and feeling!! A big difference!!!

For all the "high tech" there is involved in cars these days, these gear boxes should be getting better not worse.

Quality control has gone out of the window! Its more quantity than quality these days.

My next plan of action will be to write to TGB to see what they have to say, but i'v got to much on at the moment. Unfortunatley this will have to be turned the year.

Anyway Craig! Good luck with yours for the time being!

Dave :newyear:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links