Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Wheels

MotorheadHope

Hi i always look at the toc for tips so i signed up to get some advice.

I have a 52 plate t sport and have had it 3yrs, its a pre facelift so i looks quite high, i wanted.to get some new wheels and was wondering if i can fit 18" or drop the ride and go for 17"? Any advice would be helpful.

Cheers Hope

I've got a 52 plate rolla too :)

mines only the 1.4 though :(

From what I've seen the car looks good lowered and on 18's.

However I've heard you can get a bit of trouble at the back with 18's if you lower it, so I'm planning on lowering it with 17's.

See what the other's say, they might know better :)

best bet is to lower 40mm with 17" wheels with 215/40/17...get the look you're after without compromising daily useability

Sounds good to me.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but where's a good place to get alloy's reasonably cheap?

I don't mind if they're second hand and need a bit of work either really.

cheers

You can lower on 18" and not get any rub but I'd say it could only be 30mm ish. I first lowered 45mm on 18", not a lot of rub unless people in rear really or hitting dip at speed.

I'm on coils now and am lower again.... Yep get quite some rubbing lol :)

well i was lowered 40mm on 17's

SDC1008610.jpg

still 40mm and on 18's

IMAG0004-1.jpg

my advise is 400mm on 17's, 215/45/17

the reason the 215/40/17 was advised above is that its closest to your origional tyre circumference and wont have the speedo off too much, using the tyre i advised will probably put your speedo off by 4 mph but will fill the arch a bit better and give you a softer, comfier drive

Cheers for the advice gonna hav alook at some asian dragons either tatsu or kiyo wheels, theyre nice n black to go with the thunder grey corolla

Just check insurer and they have no probs with the car bein dropped so i just ordered a set of koni 35mm lowering springs. See how i get on

Mine is lowered 30mm and i used to have 18s on with no trouble what so ever, looked very nice but could be hard ride at times with only a 35 profile.