Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.0 D4D '07 Facelift - Headligts Upgrade

sp00ky

Hi,

I have offer to buy relatively cheap pair L+R original Toyoya xenon headlights for face lifted model together with pair of original ballasts. Since I have normal lights H7/H1 now, I have question regarding DIY replacement:

What should I look before I begin with the replacement ? Is that plug'n'play job or I must buy some additional cables/connectors, do some modifications or something like that ?

Hi,

I have offer to buy relatively cheap pair L+R original Toyoya Xenon headlights for face lifted model together with pair of original ballasts. Since I have normal lights H7/H1 now, I have question regarding DIY replacement:

What should I look before I begin with the replacement ? Is that plug'n'play job or I must buy some additional cables/connectors, do some modifications or something like that ?

Not done the job, but there's a couple of things to think about. Xenons have built in automatic levelling and must come with some form of wash system (which also means a whole different washer reservoir to standard) to meet EU regs, although it *may* still pass an MOT without either. Importantly, Xenons also work at very high voltages. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that's what you need to think about. It's not likely to be a simple plug and play at all.

Not done the job, but there's a couple of things to think about. Xenons have built in automatic leveling and must come with some form of wash system (which also means a whole different washer reservoir to standard) to meet EU regs, although it *may* still pass an MOT without either. Importantly, Xenons also work at very high voltages. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that's what you need to think about. It's not likely to be a simple plug and play at all.

Well, i have wash system (standard in sweden), but does now have automatic leveling. For high voltages are ballasts (in this case Mr.T. original).

Well, i have wash system (standard in sweden), but does now have automatic leveling. For high voltages are ballasts (in this case Mr.T. original).

Sorry, didn't notice you were in Sweden! If you've already got all the linked functionality, then yes, it could well be plug and play. On the wiring diagrams, the only difference appears to be the levelling system and headlight wash, as you have that, I can't see any major problems...

Sorry, didn't notice you were in Sweden! If you've already got all the linked functionality, then yes, it could well be plug and play. On the wiring diagrams, the only difference appears to be the levelling system and headlight wash, as you have that, I can't see any major problems...

NP, since I have leveling system and wash system from standard H7/H1 headlights, only things that remain is connectors from Battery -> ballasts -> lights. That connectors is same for normal and xenon lights or i need to do improvisations ?

You are also mentioned automatic leveling system, where is that part (sensor?) located on the car ? Is hard to install ?

Can you be kind and post wiring diagram ?

NP, since I have leveling system and wash system from standard H7/H1 headlights, only things that remain is connectors from Battery -> ballasts -> lights. That connectors is same for normal and xenon lights or i need to do improvisations ?

You are also mentioned automatic leveling system, where is that part (sensor?) located on the car ? Is hard to install ?

Hello mate, I have attached a .pdf of the complete lighting system.

Regards .... Pete.

AVENSIS LIGHTING.pdf

NP, since I have leveling system and wash system from standard H7/H1 headlights, only things that remain is connectors from battery -> ballasts -> lights. That connectors is same for normal and xenon lights or i need to do improvisations ?

In addition to T-Spirit Pete's PDF, you may also want to do a search for Avensis wiring PDF. I have a copy, but it's too large to store as an attachment here.

Is it manual levelling (with the dash wheel) or auto levelling on your car? If it's auto levelling then you're OK. Otherwise the circuits look very different...

Best thing to do is to Google Avensis manual PDF and see what you find. I'm looking at it and to my understanding the wiring diagram is showing the same connectors for HID and non-HID. On HID, instead of connecting to the bulb, the black J2 connector is connected to the Headlight Control ECU, LH and RH circuits apply.

I've attached the most relevant page from the manual to see if that helps!

post-96642-0-20969900-1292578678_thumb.j

In addition to T-Spirit Pete's PDF, you may also want to do a search for Avensis wiring PDF. I have a copy, but it's too large to store as an attachment here.

Is it manual levelling (with the dash wheel) or auto levelling on your car? If it's auto levelling then you're OK. Otherwise the circuits look very different...

Best thing to do is to Google Avensis manual PDF and see what you find. I'm looking at it and to my understanding the wiring diagram is showing the same connectors for HID and non-HID. On HID, instead of connecting to the bulb, the black J2 connector is connected to the Headlight Control ECU, LH and RH circuits apply.

Yes, I have manual levelling (with the dash wheel), should be work with xenons ?

regarding Headlight Control ECU (LH and RH circuits), that spouse to be xenon ballasts ? In that case i have luck and I don't need to change connectors ?

P.S. I found only Toyota Avensis Workshop Manual 2003 -2007 Pdf ca.40MB, i was start to download....

post-96050-0-70499000-1292702264_thumb.j

Yes, I have manual levelling (with the dash wheel), should be work with xenons ?

regarding Headlight Control ECU (LH and RH circuits), that spouse to be xenon ballasts ? In that case i have luck and I don't need to change connectors ?

P.S. I found only Toyota Avensis Workshop Manual 2003 -2007 Pdf ca.40MB, i was start to download....

Seems everything is plug and play ... no extra modifications....maybe only to implement HEIGHT CONTROL SENSOR SUB–ASSY 89405-20020

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links