Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corrosion Is It Covered

PMWells

I have an 07 Verso and have just taken it in for it's 50K service and asked them to look at the wiper arm as it was corroding (specifically the black bit that is hinged and pops out of the car) when I asked if this was covered by the 12 year anti corrosion warranty I was told no as it's not bodywork. Now Am I being a bit daft but to me this should be covered and replaced under warranty as it is part of the car and after three and half years I don't expect it to start corroding ? Any comments or way that I can get Toyota to do something about this.

I have an 07 Verso and have just taken it in for it's 50K service and asked them to look at the wiper arm as it was corroding (specifically the black bit that is hinged and pops out of the car) when I asked if this was covered by the 12 year anti corrosion warranty I was told no as it's not bodywork. Now Am I being a bit daft but to me this should be covered and replaced under warranty as it is part of the car and after three and half years I don't expect it to start corroding ? Any comments or way that I can get Toyota to do something about this.

this is the daft idea as wheels corroding,which are not covered after first 12 months as they are considered as being trim.all makes are using the same excuse.you can remove all trim on a car and it will still be able to be used.

see how far you get without wheels.alloy wheels easely corrode once the protective lacquer wears off,more so with winter salt.so why dont they include a freshcoat of lacquer at the annuel service.its a lot easier to do while a cars up on a ramp at eye level.corroded wheels are a eyesore.they spoil the apperance of a car, however well its polished.

Wheels not covered after 12 months.... I'm sorry but your are incorrect.

The wheels are an integral part of the car and are covered as part of the 3 years warranty :yes:

If your dealer suggests otherwise then start a dispute with them as they will be wrong :thumbsup:

As for the wiper arm.... your car is out of the warranty period so sadly it will not be covered :angry:

Wheels not covered after 12 months.... I'm sorry but your are incorrect.

The wheels are an integral part of the car and are covered as part of the 3 years warranty :yes:

If your dealer suggests otherwise then start a dispute with them as they will be wrong :thumbsup:

As for the wiper arm.... your car is out of the warranty period so sadly it will not be covered :angry:

although i have no corrosion problems with my auris wheels.when i was waiting at my local toyota dealers reception desk a chap was complaining to the the about corrosion on his wheels,and i heared him told that the wheels are not coversd after the first year.

also my son has diesel lexus and had the same problem and answer.he told them this was third car he had purchased from them and it would be the last,if this problem was sorted.they fitted a complete set of wheels and tyres while wheels were refurbished (made a good job).so it may vary from dealer to dealer.

maybe kingo could comment on the official line on this matter.

On the wiper arm, I know its not covered but is a bit poor for a 3 and half year old car to start corroding any part of it.. wheels, wiper arms etc..

As for the wheels, I had a lexus IS 220d and it had to have its wheels replaced twice by the dealer and it was over a year old when they did this. They replaced all four wheels without any complaint, they just did it. Talking to the Service Desk manager he commented that this was a known issue and that Lexus where looking to sourcxe a new supplier for the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

When my verso was a couple of years old I asked my dealer if anything could be done about the pitting on a couple of my alloys. He looked at them and said he would replace them. He not only replaced the two I complained about but fitted a complete new set at no cost. He told me there was an issue at the time so it would be better to just renew the set.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links