Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Its Dead....

smac343

Hi All

well as soon as I arrived at here at TOC it look like I will be leaving......... as driving home today the car cut out (on M3 just a wee bit cold) got it recovered to a garage there initial thoughts as that the timing belt has snapped :crybaby: they will hopefully let me know tomorrow.... once they have had a look to see if any damage done. :censor:

to that end due to the cost of the possible repairs (they hinted at the best fix if the valves damaged would be a new engine)I will be of to buy a new car on Monday

Smac343

Edited by ae111sr
Removed selling by non paying member

did you get timing belt changed at correct intervals? first and only time i've heard of this, the 2.0d4d in the corolla is probably the most reliable engine toyota made in a long time!

Hi All

well as soon as I arrived at here at TOC it look like I will be leaving......... as driving home today the car cut out (on M3 just a wee bit cold) got it recovered to a garage there initial thoughts as that the timing belt has snapped :crybaby: they will hopefully let me know tomorrow.... once they have had a look to see if any damage done. :censor:

to that end due to the cost of the possible repairs (they hinted at the best fix if the valves damaged would be a new engine)I will be of to buy a new car on Monday

Smac343

That doesn't sound good.Any definate diagnosis yet?

does toyota not check the timing belt at the service if u get ure car serviced by toyota?

The belts should be changed every 60k on D4D engines according to the handbooks

iirc the d4d is a chain driven cam also

well got the answer back today :crybaby: the cam belt had gone the car is on 147k so had two cam belts done in its history it looks like one of the tensioners failed and as we where doing 60-70 at the time it caused a bit of damage in the valves etc:

only good side if there is one the guy I got the car off (trader from his own address) is going to recover the car and swap fro something of a similar price and age, still out of pocket but not a total loss.

even better the garage I was recovered to and did the diagnosis have said they wont charge me as ive had enough grief this close to christmas :yahoo: top man

smac343

surprised one of the tensioners went to be honest. personally when i get my timing belts done i don't ever change the tensioners, just have them checked and tightened if needed never had one go on me though touch wood.

was good of the garage and the guy you bought the car from to come to some arrangement with you..

well got the answer back today :crybaby: the cam belt had gone the car is on 147k so had two cam belts done in its history it looks like one of the tensioners failed and as we where doing 60-70 at the time it caused a bit of damage in the valves etc:

only good side if there is one the guy I got the car off (trader from his own address) is going to recover the car and swap fro something of a similar price and age, still out of pocket but not a total loss.

even better the garage I was recovered to and did the diagnosis have said they wont charge me as ive had enough grief this close to christmas :yahoo: top man

smac343

Sorry it's bad news mate.Was good of both the trader and the garage to be so helpful :) .

Just shows,not everyone in the motor trade tries to screw you over as reputations suggest :thumbsup:

That is !Removed! nice about the Garage and the trader. :)

Glad to see there's some light at the end of the tunnel :)

Ive never changed a timing belt/without replacing he tensioners. Its common sense tbh and its good mechanical practice.

Ive never changed a timing belt/without replacing he tensioners. Its common sense tbh and its good mechanical practice.

it does but i guess i'm just one of those people who believes too much in the build quality and reliability of toyota. i guess one day it will come to bite me in the behind...

iirc the d4d is a chain driven cam also

the 1.4d4d might be chain, the 2.0d4d is definitely belt.

yea the 1.4 D4D is chain.

aw thats bad luck lad.

at least it aint all bad news, are you getting another toyota.

may have been an origional tensioner so.

well that garage may strip her and replace the valves, pass a few hours for them.

well best of luck with the new motor :thumbsup: