Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiace Suspension Raise

keertiji

hi there,

hope this finds you all fine and dandy.

i have recently bought a '94 hiace. super jumbo - extra long with the high roof. it also has manual locking hubs and hi/lo 4WD. it is quite a bad boy machine. manual with a 2.8 normally aspirated engine. covered a few ks but i think it has been well treated.

anyway, i just has some new tires put on it and instead of going for the normal ht 225s i wanted to chunk up a little and the tyre shop guy persuaded me to go for some 235 AT tires from kumho. they are real nice and i can't see too much getting in my way. i was told there was plenty of room for them under my arches. but i think it is a bit just and to be honest there is a tiny weeny bit of rubbing on the drivers side. just on the very corner of the wheel arch where the step into the cab is. not on the passenger side. i have also noticed that there is a clunking/grinding kind of noise coming from the right front suspension when i go round a corner sharpish so there is an issue on that side anyway. it was there before i put the 235s on.

so i was wondering about raising the sucker up a couple of inches.

anyone got any thoughts on that subject?

all opinions appreciated.

cheers.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Best to copy this and post it in the cars section.

For info, I put spring assisters into the springs of my RAV4 to stop it dipping - the things they use to help when towing. Cheap but effective.

I don't know much at all about your truck, but it looks as if its a whole load of fun!