Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Would You Like Toyota To Do When The Urbancruiser Is Facelifted

Manxrav

The current model of Urbancruiser as been around for about 2 to 3 years in various guises.Whether it be the Scion Xd,Toyota ist or Urbancruiser I,m wondering what you would like Toyota to do to it next time a facelift comes along.

Here are my suggestions

1 Front seat heaters as an option (which is available in Northern Europe)

2 Overfender kit made available as an option in the UK

3 HID lighting (as available to JDM)

4 Drop the petrol version and just do the D4D model either 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive

5 Add the stop start to the diesel version

6 Slightly alter the front end profile as it is very prone to stone chip damage

7 Sat nav and leather as a standard kit (should be for thr price)

8 Option of 18" alloys

These are just a few off the top of my head so we,ll see what anyone else thinks of!!!

Regards Clare

and a bit of her Dad,s input

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Clare and Dad!,

From my very limited experience of the UC my list would read:

1 Better minor instrument lighting, including all electric window buttons.

2 Include one touch window on passenger side.

3 Larger computer screen with more information displayed.

4 Heated leather seats. Yes mine are very cold!

5 Two reversing lights

6 Central armrest

7 Heated windscreen

With longer involvement I am sure this list will be added to but obviously there is not a perfect car. Incidently, I have just bought a Sat Nav mat..like a heavy beanbag. This sits very well on the dashboard and the Tom Tom sucks onto a circular disc in the centre of it. Works very well and no marks left on windscreen!

Got to agree with all your ideas,the non illumination of some of the switch gear is a real gripe.Trying to find the button for the wing mirror folding is a real pain when it is dark.

I have noticed on E/bay that you can get a centre-arm rest for the U/C and it is OME but you have to be careful because the fitting for AWD version is different to the petrol version and it is about £100+ which is not cheap.

I bought my Dad some front grille chrome garnish for his for Christmas and they set me back just short of £100. He does think they are wonderful though with the weather being so bad he,s not had chance to fit them yet!!!!

Regards Clare

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Clare,

Thanks for info. on armrest. I think I will stick to resting my arm on the de-icer can which sits in the middle cup holder!!

Just a few of further ideas re improvements;

1. More strident, two tone horn. I'm reluctant to use mine unless I want onlookers to laugh!

2. Louder winker warning. I know the warning light flashes but I've been caught out when they've failed to cancel when a corner is less than a right angle.

3. Spare wheel, though I do intend filling the tyres with the stuff advertised on QVC which will satisfy me psychologically!

Dead right with the indicator sound ( bit naff description) it is not loud enough. I am not deaf or hard of hearing but you simply cannot hear any warning noise when the indicator is functioning. Ages ago when I had my Rav4 T180 I posted on our Forum about it being the same as the problem with the U/C,some of the comments were classic. I honestly don,t see how a quick fix to the problem can help,there is nothing you can do to increase the volume of the indicator noise!!!!

Regards Clare

• 3 weeks later...

Arm rest

better fixing for boot cover as it slips out too easily and then straps to window hold down boot door so you easily hit head!

Make rubber mats standard

Phone connection on steering wheel too close to edge so easily hit when you turn corners

mpg/temp control improvements so can operate from steering wheel

improve phonebook entry system as too fiddly

Thanks for the winker warning...............I read it as something completely different :naughty:

Dont think you will see S/S on diesel anytime soon

lack of illumination on switches is a pain

I would like to see some of the excellent accessories you can get in Japan, too long have we had the boring same old same old over and over again

As I car I loved the 1.33, you had to rev it to get anywhere quick but it was sure footed and felt 4wd on corners :thumbsup:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi Kingo, I often go on the ToyotaJP website and the accessories for the ist are ubelievable,it,s a shame we can,t get a few over here in the UK. Just a footnote if yours was a 1.33 engined U/C (petrol version ) it would not have AWD, only the 1.4 D4D has the AWD system!!!!!

regards Clare

Did Toyota ever address the issues that caused the Urban Cruiser to only get 3 stars in euro NCAP crash tests, if not

might i humbly suggest that this should be top of the priority list for facelift time.

I really wouldn't be hugely upset that i can't get the fancy jdm accessories over here* - id have thought that

the ability of the Vehicle to protect its occupants in a crash is far more important in a vehicle that may well.

see duty as a small family car*

Red diesel

*Japanese manufacturers have always kept the best stuff for the home market - so not a major issue for me.

*Yes i know the yoke i drive has only 3 stars too and i still love it - but i expect the best technology

and performance on a brand new car.

• 7 months later...

Standard DAB, nicer looking dash, bucket seats wider wheels with wide arches, some nice bright colours and a 2.2 turbo diesel engine to compete with an Impreza and the 4 wheel drive to be switchable so it can be on all the time.

And all for the price of a 1.4D4D ;)

And to make the upgrades subjest of a recall :)

Steve,I think your pushing it a bit there!!! Must admit better seats or sportier ones would be a bonus. Some European countries do get a piano black facsia which does look a lot better than the silver one we get over here.

Regards Clare

Steve,I think your pushing it a bit there!!! Must admit better seats or sportier ones would be a bonus. Some European countries do get a piano black facsia which does look a lot better than the silver one we get over here.

Regards Clare

I didn't mean the colour of the dash. It's the shape. When we first looked at the car I asked the salesman was the designer working his notice when he designed the car coz it is butt ugly. It's growing on me now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links