Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do Steel Wheeled Yaris's Have Locking Nuts?

Hartside

Just a question for you owners with steel wheels on your Mk2 Yaris's. Do they come fitted with locking wheel nuts or not?

I wouldn't have thought so, in fact I've never heard of locking wheel nuts being fitted to any steelies as standard. Some manufacturers even offer them as an option when alloy's are standard fitment!

Why do you ask?

Nope.

Not on son's GS nor on any steel wheeled car I have ever seen...

I wouldn't have thought so, in fact I've never heard of locking wheel nuts being fitted to any steelies as standard. Some manufacturers even offer them as an option when alloy's are standard fitment!

Why do you ask?

Just curious. Just fitted a full set of winter tyres on steels and got to thinking how easy they would be to nick, with the car up the side of my house.

Why do you ask?

Just curious. Just fitted a full set of winter tyres on steels and got to thinking how easy they would be to nick, with the car up the side of my house.

That's a good point, I would definitely fit locking nuts if I was you. If you do get some make sure that they are the tapered type (60 degrees I think) and not the flat type that fit OE alloys.

You might struggle to find any locking nuts to fit the steel wheels.

The only reason locking nuts were invented and became popular was to stop people stealing expensive alloy wheels which had a resale value, so I suspect there's no market for locking nuts that fit the steel wheels and no one will have tooled up to make any....

I know you've just spent a load of money on the wheels and tyres so they mean a lot to you, but to a thief's not going the bother with steel wheels as its the shiny alloy wheels he's stealing to sell on, not the tyres....

There's a chance you can find some in your local accessory shop by taking in one of the steel wheel nust and seeing if they have one the same of another car, but that's your only hope I think....

You can make your steel wheels look unpromising to a thief by either leaving them dirty, using grotty wheel trims or cable tying on the trims.

In other words, they look naff.

Thieving barstewards don't usually take a second look at naff carp.

Probably me being a bit paranoid. I mailed a few suppliers but most are saying they don't fit steel wheels. We've a local supplier of alloys and I'll have a run down sometime over the hols for a chat with him

Just a question for you owners with steel wheels on your Mk2 Yaris's. Do they come fitted with locking wheel nuts or not?

I fitted a set of locking wheel nuts to my 2007 Yaris D4D when I fitted my winter tyres on standard Yaris steel rims. The wheel studs are M12 x 1.5 pitch and the standard Yaris steel rims require a cone seat on the nuts. I used McGard part number: 24157SU. I purchased them off eBay from a seller called MAPS Ltd for about £27.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links