Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hankook Optimo 4S?

cootuk

Seeing as tyre talk is all the rage, is anyone running all weather tyres?

The Hankook Optimo 4S was highly rated by Auto Bild, and also has the german Blue Angel for environment friendly road use.

I guess these would have to be ordered in as they're not an option on most tyre sites, so what other all weather tyres (not runflats) would people go for?

Hi there, i run Nokian winter tyres WRG2 on our second ca, a Saab 9-3, and prior to that i had Kumho winters. On balance i'd say the Nokians are best, but the Kumho's although a good winter tyre, are suitable for all year round use too, if you can accept 15,000 miles instead of 20,000 miles.

I leave the Prius on its summer tyres, and dont use it on snowy days. Next year though i think i will go the "Sagitar" route.

Just spoken to my Hankook tyre fitter and they say the Optimo 4S will be introduced into the UK around autumn 2011.

Looking at manufacturers websites, either all season 195/55 R16H aren't available, or are only available as a run flat.

The Nokians WR G2 are actually easily available in standard 195/55 R16H non runflat for about 100 pounds each.

There's also Nankang SV-2 for around fifty pound each, but no real reviews of these.