Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Dealers

m60

Hi there

I'm considering buying a used Avensis (looking for a 2.0 d4d tr hatchback) and have a few questions about the dealer network. Has anyone on here bought a car from the approved used Toyota scheme? If so, I'd be interested in hearing any positive or negative experiences.

I haven't owned a Toyota before, but after browsing the internet the Avensis seems to be a really good car according to its reviews. My current petrol car can't cope out of town really and it's a bit small, but I'm sure an Avensis would give me all the space I need and hopefully give me around 50 mpg on the motorway.

Thanks.

Sorry - forgot to ask - what are servicing costs like? I've heard prices are quite reasonable at Toyota main dealers?

my avensis is not due for service until june 2011 but my wifes aygo had its first service on 1st december 2010 and it cost £107, my friends wife has the citroen c1 which is the equivelent and at the citroen dealer the first service was £170 +

the service and attention by my dealer (Dingles of Norwich) is second to none i cannot fault them.

On 2nd TOyota via the Toyota Used network.

Excellent ownership experience, cannot complaint at all.

Prices are a little high, but shop and haggle as per a buyer should.

Shop around for servicing, varies greatly between franchises. i.e Jemca is expensive.

if you can negotiate a 'service plan' you will find it saves money in the long run....

you pay a fixed 'up front' monthly installment over say 30 months and you get 3 years servicing 'at todays prices' - Parts King will no doubt answer any questions you have about that....

I've had Toyotas for over 20 years and never had a moments problem with either the cars or the dealers....

Good luck

Yes many benefits to a service plan, as mentioned above, check with your dealer, you can then spread the cost and not have to fork out a lump sum at service time

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have a service plan for my Avensis. Costs me £19 per month for 3 years. :thumbsup:

My local Toyota dealer charged €360 for a full service and tried to get me to give the go ahead for more work. They told me the rear brake pads would be worn out before the next service. When I checked they where only half worn. So I will not go back to Mr T again. I just had a local service dealer do a minor service for €75 including Castrol Edge oil and filter.