Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq Main Battery

Wlodek Sobkowiak

On two different occasions the main Battery in my iQ went flat within a few days of last use, the car being parked in a warm garage. The car is 1/2 year old, was bought new, so I went to have it serviced. They told me in two independent, fully authorized Toyota garages that the Battery is fine, technically speaking. When I enquired about what could possibly be wrong then I heard it was... my driving habits. I simply drive too little, full stop. So, with such driving habits, I need to load the Battery from time to time from the mains, via a rectifier. It's as simple as that!

So, as it is, it seems to be a lottery every time I start the car (which is about once every two or three days): will I get the spark or not? If I don't want to keep my iQ close to the mains all the time, and I refuse to change my life to suit the iQ battery requirements, it seems there's little more I can do. Or else? Any help will be gratefully acknowledged.

they r giveing you a load of bull. my car is parked outside in all weather sometimes its not started for a weekor more still starts 1st time every time, never had any trouble with the Battery. iq2 auto o9 year.

Could be a bad Battery, although the car maybe two years old, the Battery could be a lot older, having been made, sat around at the factory, then to MT T, onto the garage ect. If the Battery was fully discharged for any reason, over any length of time, this is the kiss of death to any lead acid battery :crybaby:

The battery will discharge itself naturally, + losses to the alarm system and ecu on standbay. Might pay to check obvious things like the internal light not switching off.

That said a 2 year old battery should last a week or more charged if not used.

Usual signs are loss of starting power in cold weather, but if you are getting peroiods of good storage then bad, it is difficult to know without test gear is whether the fault is lack of charge (although a full charge froma battery charger with a meter should indicate what the state is after a run,) or it is the storage potential of the battery failing.

Rgds

PS It does take quite a long run to fully charge a down battery, so a 3 to four mile run on an iffy battery may not be enough to charge the battery up, And the older the battery the more charging it needs to maintain itself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links