Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel Access Help!

mirari

Can any members help? We have purchased a 2002 Land cruiser Amazon but have discovered that the tool required to lower the spare wheel is missing. Our local Toyota dealer has quoted almost £600 to sort this which seems just a tad excessive! Has anyone any advice?

There must be one in a scrapyard somehwere in the UK. I'd try one of the partsfinder services

£600 is stupid and obscene :eek: .... the scrapyard advice is the best route.... good luck :thumbsup:

There must be one in a scrapyard somehwere in the UK. I'd try one of the partsfinder services

Thanks Marlot - will try to find a partsfinder service online

• 2 months later...

I too have had the spare wheel excitement. I managed to let the tyre down and it gave me enough slack to spring the carrier out of the centre of the wheel using some clever manipulation with some bits of drift. If you can reach, it is easier to remove the 4 bold holding the crane on!!

One the wheen was off I found the crane worked fine, just that the 'special key didn't fit in the hole due to rust/debris. I tried to order a replacment from Toyota . After a lot of faffing they sold me a replacement, it didn't include the 'special key' though. Just the crane - the bit that worked. The adapter for the special key is just a cup with a split pin that goes in the front of the winch. With the wheel in place you can just put a screwdriver through one of the holes in the wheel and knock it out and then use the hook from the jack to lower the wheel as normal.

Oh yes, the cost of the crane is £119.00 and the cost of the 'adapter and key is £176+VAT - bugger that!!

Hope you had fun?