Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ravless On Dartmoor

Mike JD

Having had 2 4x4s in the garage for nearly a year, the time and the weather seemed right to flog one at an advantageous price. So the petrol RAV 4.2 has gone to a buyer who is delighted with it, not least because he needed a 4x4 to get back home to Leicestershire. He was happy to pay a price that has made me happy, Can't be bad. Oh and I trusted the car enough to sell it to a friend. :P

So thank you, all of you, for teaching me the foibles of the beast (1st post was to ask where the flippin' jack was stowed :wacko: ); thank you to the RAV for convincing me that a 4x4 was a lot easier to get my creaky joints in and out of that a Pug cabriolet, was a lot easier to park in rural places (how high the kerb/verge/bank/hedge etc? Who cares? Not I)and wasn't too bad extricating itself from muddy fields. Oh, and Japanese cars have changed a lot since I considered, albeit only very very briefly, buying a Datsun Cherry :bag:

There is so much useful info on this friendly forum that with the moderators' permission I will continue to lurk to learn. Tyre recommendations, where to source fancy lightbulbs, which parts of der Schottische Reich to approach with caution.

In the meantime the RAV's replacement was faultless as I battled the Dartmoor snow at 6.30 this morning. Just a hint of a slip? A touch of the diff lock in high ratio and all was well. Used low ratio to crawl round a jacknifed artic. It is still on its original Dunlop road tyres which have not impressed so it can only get better when they get changed. But now will it please thaw before I find I have to flog it to pay for more central heating oil. Over 70p a litre? :censor: Just as well I have been able to cut up a couple of trees we took down a while back!

Happy Christmas all :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: Hope you get all the pressies you have been hinting to yer family about!

Mike D

You're part of the team now Mike, you don't need any permission.

You're part of the team now Mike, you don't need any permission.

Kind of you to say so, Ancs. It seemed a courtesy to ask.

Mike D