Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse Blowing In Carina

iluvcarina

I have a fuse which has suddenly began blowing since friday its a 10 amp and it knocks out the sunroof,windows,heater blower and gauges display,speedo,revs etc, does anyone have any ideas where to look and what for ? thanks in advance

Does the fuse blow when you operate one of the items listed ??

Could be the cigarette lighter heating element faulty causing the problem

:thumbsup:

Its not a problem from the cig lighter as thats working so it must be on another fuse, when the fuse blows the only units in use are the gauges so maybe one of those is earthing out, i booked the car in the for tuesday so i just have the week-end to sort it for free so any help will be welcome.

try and recall what changes you've done. You could have shorted or earthed some wires somewhere. Have you screwed anything into the dashboard at all? The harness runs close to the inside of the dash...!!! It sounds like a definite short if it only blows when you use something on that circuit. Good luck

No i have done nothing to the electrics at all lately, when it first went friday night i was over 100 miles into a trip when the gauges just dropped, the heater blower was not on so i dont think it was that, may try a look at the speed sensor to see if its coroded

It will be the "Gauge" fuse that has blown! Replace the fuse & operate circuits individually until it blows.

When you have found the circuit, you will have to disconnect items to determine where fault lies.

If you need any further info let me know by PM. I have a wiring manual available.