Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does It Come With A Spare Key?

Johan007

Hi I have got a T3 2007 model with keyless dongle (?). My dealer (not a Toyota dealer) claims the Verso does not come with a spare set. Is this true?

Hi I have got a T3 2007 model with keyless dongle (?). My dealer (not a Toyota dealer) claims the Verso does not come with a spare set. Is this true?

No.

So the dealer is not telling the truth.

When you I a second hand car one of the questions I don't tend to ask is has it got it's spare key. I presume I have to pay for this mistake and dont have a legal leg to stand on!

When buying any car new or second hand always insist on a having all keys. If not then negotiate a lower price to reflect the cost of relacing all keys - in some cars this can be as much as £1000. It is not unknown for sellers of cars to sell the second (or third or fourth in some cases) key on to crooks who will steal the car. Better still modern cars are almost impossible to steal without having a key and should you have only one key and your car is stolen your insurers may refuse to pay out - so beware.:)

Thank you for your replies. This is left me a little angry.

I have had the car for less than 1 week. Where does this leave me legally regarding the Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1979? Does Anyone recommend a cause of action?