Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 Camry Engine Noise

inzel

I have recently bought a 1998 Camry. Auto, 4 cyl, 4-dr. The car had the motor replaced directly before I bought it and it actually has a 6000 mile warranty. The check engine light is on and it shows up with a emissions thing. The egr valve was replaced but the light came back. I havent had a chance to take it back in but I wanted to get your opinions on what you think I should mention.

Also, after the car warms up a bit, I can hear a "ticking" type of noise in the engine compartment that seems to get quieter if I put the car in park or neutral. I dont know why this is happening. The dealership told me that it is probably a cam spring or something like that. Does that make sense? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance

I just wanted to point out that it does not seem to be effecting the way it starts or drives. Im still getting good mileage too. It is just annoying. The mechanic said a few times that I shouldn't worry about it.. it is just some springs in the cam gears that make noise... I cant help but wonder tho since it is a "ticking" or "tapping" type of sound. Kinda like when a car is low on oil or something.

Hope someone has some info on this