Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Everyone!

phuleproof

Hi Everyone,

My name's Jeremy, I've just bought an Auris TR 2.0 D4-D on a 56 plate and have a couple of snags I would like to address and wanted your advice on the best places on the forum to search.

1. I'd like to have brighter headlights as the current ones are not great. What are my options?

2. The fans seem really weak and the car is misting up pretty quick. Any thoughts? (read somewhere it may be the pollen filter).

3. I've heard they did a recall because of something to do with the accelerator pedal. What was the issue and how can i know if it was done or not?

4. Lastly is changing the head unit worthwhile or is it too much hassle.

Many thanks for any help or guidance in advance, and it's good to be a part of the club

Kind regards,

Jeremy

Welcome :)

1 - Uprated bulbs will help.

2 - Do you have air con? that will remove the moisture, but not with these low temps.

3 - Would have thought a recall would have sorted that out if needed.

4 - Head unit? It all depends on what want/expect from it.

Hope this helps :)

welcome to the forum and make sure to look in at the Auris forum section :thumbsup:

1. I'd like to have brighter headlights as the current ones are not great. What are my options?

2. The fans seem really weak and the car is misting up pretty quick. Any thoughts? (read somewhere it may be the pollen filter).

3. I've heard they did a recall because of something to do with the accelerator pedal. What was the issue and how can i know if it was done or not?

Hi and welcome, quite new here myself too but already found a wealth of information and can pass on a few tips. To confirm what RAV4Len has already said:

1. bulbs - Autobulbs direct, good prices, good bulbs. OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER are a good bright bulb.

2. A/C seems to get rid of my misting issues.

3. Phone a dealer with your REG or CHASSIS No, they will be able to check their system for recall info on your vehicle.

4. It doesn't look too bad, there's a thread about getting behind the stereo under the Auris section of the forum. I've decided at this time not to do it but... I may change my mind soon. Just need to find a facia to fit in the dash. *** Also, make sure the stereo isn't connected to the alarm/immobiliser in any way, like a previous car of mine. Nightmare ***.

All the best, Happy Christmas.

Dave.

Hi Everyone,

My name's Jeremy, I've just bought an Auris TR 2.0 D4-D on a 56 plate and have a couple of snags I would like to address and wanted your advice on the best places on the forum to search.

Many thanks for any help or guidance in advance, and it's good to be a part of the club

Kind regards,

Jeremy

Welcome to the forum Jeremy.

I find the bulbs in mine to be pretty good, but there is room for improvement so i will be upgrading mine in the new year too. I have tried the 'Night breaker' bulbs in a previous car and found them to be excellent, but there are reports of poor life on them, although i never had one blow on my car.

This time around i will be trying the 'Ring xenon max' bulb as they are meant to be 100% brighter. Good prices on eBay too.

I've not had any issues on the fans in mine, so it could be the filter. I expect it would be cheap enough and simple to change so give it a go.

As mentioned above, ask the dealer about the recall. I asked mine a few weeks ago and they were able to tell me there and then without any fuss.

I agree about changing the stereo, i find mine is very sub standard and coupled to the road noise from the factory fit tyres, i find the volume is in the high 20's to be heard on a motorway cruise.

Luckily i kept my old stereo from my last car and will be installing it in the Auris in the new year as it has bluetooth handsfree built in, and has the same features the standard one has too. It will look a little out of place, but if the sound is improved then i can live with it.

Dave

I forgot to mention on my first reply....

Check the headlight height setting is on 0 and not 1,2,or 3. I found mine was on 2 when i collected the car and didn't notice at first, i just thought the lights were crap, but when i set it to '0' they were a lot better.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links