Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Advice Needed

stueycel

having taken my 2001 celica 140 to a toyota main dealer for oil test knowing the car had a warranty with it from the garage who sold it me included in the sale so they then having a copy of the warranty spoke to them and were told to investigate the problem then stripped the engine to find the problem which as i have researched is a defective block now after warranty company came and inspected the car have gone on to say they wont pay out so iam left with my car in bits with toyota to which at any point i did not give permisssion for any work to be done so as far as iam concerned its between toyota and the warranty company to sort it out leaving me up **** creek oh toyota say it will cost 3200 and cant be put back in the condition it was when i took the car in any help or advice would be very helpful

At the very least I'd be contacting CAB to see if Trading Standards need to get involved. What reason did the Warranty Co. give for not paying for a new Short Block?.

Also, any reason why you've started a new thread rather than continue the existing one?

• 2 weeks later...

It's a known fault with early 140's, what exculsion have they given for not paying out?

It sounds like you need to clarify who has authorised what. When you took the car to the dealer what work did you authorise them to do? Following that what work did the warranty company ask them to carry out and then what diagnostic work is covered by the warranty ( I suspect only diagnostic work that leads to finding a fault that is covered by the warranty).

Your only case would be work carried out that neither you or the warranty company authorised, or the warranty company did not inform you was going to be carried out that you would be liable for.

• 1 month later...

at last got my car back today it has been a nightmare but at least i have got new piston rings seals and gaskets at no cost so now we will see if oil usage is less thirsty fingers crossed

sorry to !Removed! in your dinner but your car might be worse now.....you must replace the block as well as the pistons the boars go oval now you have put perfectly round pistons in the burning oil could be worse..